free website stats program Is a Sportster a "real" Harley? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is a Sportster a "real" Harley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I purchased my first Harley one week ago - 2009 Sportster XL 883 stock model - done 650 kms in a week and my biggest problem is my wife calling me in from the garage each night. I wished I'd got a Harley Sportster in my teens instead of my 50's !!!

Welcome RogerP to HDTimeline, and have to say I agree with you...been riding since the late 70's and began my journey with Harley last year and yes, my gal just called me in from the garage...enjoy your Sporty and when you get a few more posts in, let see some pictures. Ride Long and Ride Safe... :D

I mean - Really how cool are these bikes !! There really is not much to be said

Attachments

• IMGP0736b.JPG
    IMGP0736b.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 107
Never owned a Sporty nor will I ever. I did ride my buddies and I will tell you this. If it's not a real Harley then niether is my Fatboy. It's as much a Harley as any other bike made by the MoCo. Don't let anyone one tell you different!

When ever I'm asked that question ( or something simular ). I just say that I'm to young at heart to ride a " gezer gilde ". That seems to cause them to leave with an uncomfortable look on their face.

Welcome Dlao to HDTimeline...you will find a lot of good stuff to read after riding, lots of people to share your ideas and answer your technical questions. And yes I agree with your answer, but drive is the key word...as the vehicle itself is no different, honestly I like driving both, ever since I had my drivers license. But when on ANY motorized two wheeled machine like your Sporty, the smiles per mile factor jumps, as the pilot is more in tune with his machine and the wheels in motion, keeping his mind sharp as tactics and other skills come into play when the road starts to curve. Ride Long and Ride Safe!

I get razzed too about my sporty. But I love my sporty and someday will be able to ride again. I agree, I think some people are either jealous or they just like to pick.

My "real" Harley is a '91 1200 Custom Sportster. It turns heads either on the road or in the lot. I don't ride it to impress others, but to impress me. I'd ride it to (EDIT) and back! Well maybe not back, they would probably keep me!

Please read this...
[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Attachments

• party 001.jpg
    party 001.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 65
  • party 003.jpg
    party 003.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator: