free website stats program Is a Dyna a bad "first bike"? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is a Dyna a bad "first bike"?

It could be, but would you want to "learn" on your dream bike...that's the question of the day...?? With your experience, I'd say hold-off on the Dyna for now and get a decent/cheap "learner" bike because it's not a matter of if you'll tip-over...it's a matter of when & how many times. Not wishing anyone to go over on a bike, but ride long enough & it's going to happen. Food for thought...JMO.

I agree with the above. I do not care who u r or how strong or smart u r. Everybody drops their first ride sooner or later..sometimes more than once, so i say get a smaller bike and get really confident on it and then go trade up to a dyna or whatever u really desire. About the sportster and fatigue, i have an '07 1200 roadster and after swapping stock seat for a Mustang regal touring seat and hiway pegs i am just as comfortable as anyone on the road, maybe even more so as i have multiple seating positions when it pertains to foot placement. Mid bars, hiway pegs or even on the rear pegs if i really want to blast dowh the road and tuck away from the wind. Just my experence.

Last edited:
I started out with a honda vtx 1300r great bike. So glad i bought it first. Rode 2up with the wife and their right, we put it down one time no damage just one scrape. Then few months later i got my Roadking Classic. Go with your gut. You'll know soon as you sit on one. My Roadking is lighter more comfortable and right away felt easier to handle than my honda. Youll be able to tell when u get on it.

Back