free website stats program Is 58 too old to get in to biking? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is 58 too old to get in to biking?

Joy, I know what you mean about falling asleep to the lapping waves against the side of a boat. It really is calming. I actually considered a boat purchase, but then came the bike... and I just can't imagine anything more fun.

What about all those monster 8 metre sharks that regard boats
as pre packaged food containers?Didnt you see 'JAWS' mate?

The only really safe shark-proof boat is about the size of an aircraft carrier.:laugh

Naw, if I'm on the boat I don't worry about the sharks, it's when I climb back in after some snorkeling and then look over the side and see the fins......Hey DK, one of our holdups in the discussions is I want to keep the bikes and the boat. He says sale them and buy more, but I'm still convinced we can do it all. That's still a few years away though, we have time to work it all out. I'm thinking we take the bikes, computers, tunes on the ipod, get wireless internet and there you have it! He keeps bringing up this money thing, or lack there of mostly.....ahhh, details, details.

No your not to old I bought my first harley at 54 Bought my second one at 57.You know the old saying JUST DO IT Ride Safe Doug

That's the way to go DK, always better to borrow a boat and let someone else worry about the headaches of ownership....

You are dead on Joy!
It is always better to know some one with a boat. My budy told me to take his out anytime i want, well its a 45 foot searay and cost about $1200.00 to fuel that thing up!:cry
I'd rather be the first mate and work the lines for him, much cheaper! Plus our lake has dropped over 20 feet and not safe at all to be on the water, boat is heading down to West Palm on Friday. I see a trip to the Bahamas in the next few weeks:p

It is great to hear all the wonderful stories of our elders riding, age does not seem to be an issue at in the saddle. I have meet so many wonderful be people from all walks of life on the road.

Right on DK! That is why it is best to know "freinds" with boats!:s
I got my ride at the age of 37 (This year) Thought it would be after i was 40 ish..:14:

I am happy to see all of the older folk are starting or still riding. :D I plan on being on mine till I forget that I have one!:11:
Got a question for boypop
3 complete knee replacemnts? I have heard of a 3rd nipple but leg? Just kidding with you :) :majesty
My mom had hers replaced last year, that is no fun at all! She was completely miserable. GLad to see it has not held you back at all!
Hey Twisted Grip I guess having 3 knees done wasn't putting it correctly,but I'm not correctly put together anyway. But yes I did have my left knee done twice and my right one once. The reason I had the left done twice was because I broke my leg and the implant,hurt like a ------ but I can still swing my leg over my bike. good thing for electric start or I really would be S.O.L

I'm thinking about getting a Heritage Classic. I used to ride when I was much younger. I'm looking for something new to get in to and I'm wondering if I'm too old at 58 to start riding again. Do you guys know guys my age or older that ride?

Never too old. I have a Uncle that is in his 60's, He rides everyday and to every Rally that he can find. He has been riding for 3 years now and you cant get him off his bike for anything.

Gett'er Done!!

Back