free website stats program Is 58 too old to get in to biking? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is 58 too old to get in to biking?

I'm thinking about getting a Heritage Classic. I used to ride when I was much younger. I'm looking for something new to get in to and I'm wondering if I'm too old at 58 to start riding again. Do you guys know guys my age or older that ride?

Hello Ozoneman:D

Like everyone else tells you, go for it! :bigsmiley8:

Just make sure is a bike you can control and feel natural on it.
My friend is 65 and bought an Electra Glide and he had a hard time controlling the bike at stops and back parking, he traded it for a Softail and now it rides like a maniac! :bananapartyhat:

I would have to say that you would know better than anyone else if you are too old to ride. At 58 years of age, that shouldn't be a concern. Your health and ability to handle a bike is what should concern you.

I say go for it!

Heck you are never to old.If you can swing your leg go for it. I'm 62 and have had 3 total knee replacements done I also just got a 07 softail. this is my second bike in 4 years. The neat thing when I got my bike my wife fell in love with riding on the back. So I say go for it!!!!!

Ride to the sun.

Well heres my story....I retired..was 58 and got a wild hair up my ..you know what!..After attending a Vietnam Vet reunion and seein 7 guys come ridin up on their harleys..I thought ..Holy Moely how cool is that!!!!.So when I returned home to Mo. let a month slip by ..and ask my wife ..hey "what would you think if I bought a Harley"...needless to say she questioned my sanity..and expressed it by sayin are you (edited) crazy?..Since then 2004 we've put over 42,00 miles on her ( her being the bike )from sea to shinin sea so to speak...I have had my pics takin with touriest from other counties..and even let em sit on the old lady ( the bike that is )...Sooooooooooooooo no way are y'all too old...actually that word isn't in our vocabulary is it ! ?..lol:bigsmiley11:

I am happy to see all of the older folk are starting or still riding. :D I plan on being on mine till I forget that I have one!:11:
Got a question for boypop
3 complete knee replacemnts? I have heard of a 3rd nipple but leg? Just kidding with you :) :majesty
My mom had hers replaced last year, that is no fun at all! She was completely miserable. GLad to see it has not held you back at all!

It's better when you're older. You're kids are probably grown and gone, so now you have the time and money to really enjoy it. Also with age comes a lower tolerance for adrenaline, so you don't have to do really scary stuff to get a rush. :s

David2415. You took the words right out of my mouth. Couldn't have said it any better. After 30 years I bought my Sportster two years ago at the age of 56. Bought my Softail Standard this June and sold the Sporty to a 67 year old man. He was as excited as a teenager. Go for it.

Bought my first bike last year at the age of 59. I see a few more in my future... My definition of getting old is when you stop doing new things. Go for it!!

Thanks guys and gals for your encouragement. I've been sailing for 30 years and my wife and I are looking for something new to do. We are selling the boat and getting a Harley!

Uh, are we doing this backwards? We are planning on being on a boat in a few years......Going with a trawler next time, sailing is awesome, but it's also a lot of work! Love going to sleep with the water lapping on the side of the boat though!

Back