free website stats program IPOD mount | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

IPOD mount

I have this for one year and is it very good. vegas-gunslinger-motorcycle-tours motorcycle-ipod-holder

I have the Tigra bike console (trades as Bio logic in US) it is very good you can power the iphone/ipod touch in the mount and run it into your Harley radio through the AUX jack. you can operate the iphone through the cover (gloveless only) and it is shower proof. It is designed for the iphone 3g and 3gs the new iphone 4 does just fit. Amazon UK link below.

Tigra BikeConsole for iPhone 3G Photo

Nice thread and the way I found and registered for HD Talking. There's a lot of good information, but even after reviewing most, if not all of the suggestions, I find I still don't have the information I need. Some who have done this before, including those that offered links, may be able to point me in the right direction, saving me a bunch of time as well as costly mistakes.

My Apple 3gs iPhone eats batteries, particularly when it is navigating. I plan to use the phone both for navigation and for playing the Sirius radio application I purchased shortly after getting the phone. That means that I'm going to need some form of power, whether part of the mount or compatable with it. HD offers their own GPS/XM radio that works through the built in Street Glide radio, which suggests that it may be possible to use other GPS/sound sources without external wires running to the input plug on the face of the radio. My preference is for a clean, detachable mount that uses the bottom iPhone connection for both power and sound.

Anyway, that's my goal. If I can't find a satisfactory way to mount the phone, I'm probably going to wind up with the HD product. While I'm sure the product is good, I'd rather use what I already have, avoiding the high cost of the HD GPS system and avoiding the monthly charges of yet another Sirius/SM subscription.

All suggestions will be gratefully considered.

Lee

Thanks guys.

I looked at the Rider's Claw while doing my research. It looks good and is still in the running should the one I ordered not work out as well as I hope. I didn't see anything on their site about power, which is pretty much a requirement for an iPhone that's to be used for navigation.

I did not find the Burwell site. It looks good too, but is awfully short on information. Interestingly, the closest US dealer is Rossmeyer Destination Daytona. I bought both my bikes from Rossmeyer's Ft. Lauderdale HD who, apparently, are not aware of the Burwell product.

Anyway, I selected the Leader Motorcycle mount and power cord. The make a unit specifically for the Harleys as well as a power supply. I'll try to let everybody know how it works out.

Metal L bracket mounted to where my left mirror use to be mounted (now on fairing) covered with velcro. Ran wire down handlebar through fairing to radio. Works like a charm and easy to put on and take off. Cheap too.

Back