free website stats program IPOD mount | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

IPOD mount

If you have the small iPod, you can make a small tin plate, bolt it to top screw on the control switch for the throttle side of the bike. Then use double sided velcro tape. Got the idea while at Sturgis; the guy at the Mobile 1 tent had that setup on his FLHRC (can't remember what speakers he had though). This what I plan on doing for my wife's FLHX.

Last edited:
I ran a cable under the gas tank and under the seat and through the hole of the backrest , I put the ipod in the pouch of the backrest and it hasnt stopped yet from the shake

I used Cds for awhile, but they got scratched and destroyed over time, even as careful as I was with them. Plus, previous posters are correct about the CD might be over but you're not at a stopping point so you have to listen to it again until you do stop. I have an iPod Classic 120GB unit and the only issue I have with it is that if I hit a big enough bump on the bike it'll "lock it up" and it won't play again until I stop and reset it. So, I started wrapping it in a small sheet of air bubble packing wrap to help isolate and it's working much better.

My ipod (ZEN) fits in an old belt=clip cell phone holder I had on hand which I then hang on the beverage holder or in the windshield pouch if its wet out. I didn't like the flimsy little wires flappin' in the wind so I cut a piece of black curly telephone cord (like we used to see on all corded phones) and soldered appropriate plugs on the ends for the player and playee. The curly phone wire stays neat, keeping its shape permanently, whether in use or stowed, always without tangles or knots. The big trick was soldering those tiny wires to the plugs but it was worth the effort.

Velcro here for me. Got a 120 gb ipod,(15,000 songs) and velcro-ed one side to a griffin hard leather like case that the ipod slips into, and velcro-ed the master cylinder on the bike and the ipod lays flat on top of the master cylinder. It plugs into the aux jack with a $6 buck 1 foot cord from Radio Shack that I just leave on the bike. Very cheap and cost effective fix.

Back