free website stats program IPOD mount | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

IPOD mount

I bought a cell phone kit with belt clip and dash mount. It has a little round button with 3m tape, (put that on the back of the ipod), and a little plastic clip with 3m tape (put this on my inner fairing). It just slides down in the holder, and I can remove it when I stop in about 2 seconds. I went to radio shack and got an extra dash clip and put it in my truck. Now I can take the ipod anyplace with a universal clip. Cost me about 6 bucks total, and when its not on the bike, the dash clip is black and blends right in.

LOL! I just went out in the garage and the arm band on my Ipod Nano has velcro and it goes around my brake cylinder housing on the right hand side perfectly! EZ to see, EZ to control and EZ on and off...and FREE. I do like the idea you have with the dash mount. It would be even quicker and easier. I just can't see spending too much $$ for something so simple. Thanks for the idea.

While we are on the subject... anyone ever mounted a camcorder to their scoot? Just a thought I am kicking around

I did the velcro and it works great, I just put a piece where you really can see it and that way when I stop somewhere I can remove the ipod. :cheers:cheers

How about the 3G iPhone. I have one of those, and would like to be able to use the IPOD and the GPS on the 3G iPhone. Anyone know of a good mount for that device? Wonder how it would handle the constant vibration for the handle bars and such.

Man I went to the flea market and found a nice new cell phone holder with flip over cover cut the clip off the back installed velcro and attached to my fairing 7 in. below the radio plug in worked great, with no fairing not sure if this is a solution for you but I like it a lot.

I did the velcro and it works great, I just put a piece where you really can see it and that way when I stop somewhere I can remove the ipod. :cheers:cheers

One thing about hook and loop fasteners aka "velcro"...exposure to sun and elements deteriorates the hook side and they start losing grip, so keep an eye on them and may need to replace periodically...just to be safe. :coffee

Back