free website stats program If you could only have one accessory,,, | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

If you could only have one accessory,,,

I'm sorry Monkey , My accessory would have to be the better 2 up seat for the wife. Want to keep her comfy :s

Blues

You can have fun on the forum as well as a good time too,but everything has a time and place. This thread consisted of 76 total replies to the original poster out of which 36 were not pertaining to the topic of the post at all and were removed.That's about 50% of the replies. There's a time and place for everything but the problem is when someone starts the banter, then everyone else has to top that reply with something even funnier than the last poster and the post becomes total chaos.

If you were the next member to join the forum looking for information and happened across that post trying to obtain some information about that topic, you have to wade through 76 posts (many pages) to find anything useful.
This is the point I am trying to bring out here and it's been happening in quite a few posts. I read pretty much every new post in every thread every day at some point so I think I have seen an example of this many times more than your quick statistical analysis revealed.

There are many other areas and posts running that bantering can go on and on and on with no consequences to anyone and it does not hinder the topics being posted on the forum or their replies.

Hope this explains it for you.

glider

Just 1 persons opinion--and I'm guilty also of "tacking on" -- But I have to agree with Glider on this. Not wanting to step on ANYBODY'S toes. I am fairly new-somewhat -- to doing my own maintence on scoots and rolling thru post after post without the info. needed is somewhat a waste of time for me and maybe others here. There is a place for all comments and "ribbin" on this site. So Glider I will do my best to keep it where it needs to be. THANK YOU and EVERYONE who keeps this site going! :cheers

Just a reminder --- the self-help and tips section has a remarkably vast wealth of info. already there for us.

Last edited:
Monkey, I'm curious. Is there an accessory that you feel should become "standard" on a bike? Something that every rider would want, that shouldn't be an extra cost? I don't mean like ABS or anything safety wise... I mean just one "goodie" of some sort?

Dk, 36 years on a bike and I had to think on that, excellent question. And I appologize if when I said I'd lost control of the thread, as you can see I was having fun with the ovalteen thing too,, but they are right, we can get out of control, me too. Now to that qreat question. Keeping in mind "Accessory" the key word here,, I'd have to say windscreen. Most people wind up buying one anyway. I use mine if hitting the interstate or long trips, otherwise it's off when solo seat in on. So that's my lowly opionion.:60:

Thumbs up on the windscreen!:s
Although i realy like my crash bar with pegs,standing at 6'4" it makes a world of difference on the long rides:s
So BM, can i pick an alternate in case the screen is out of stock?:hii
Or I can flip a coin?

Monkey, I'm curious. Is there an accessory that you feel should become "standard" on a bike? Something that every rider would want, that shouldn't be an extra cost? I don't mean like ABS or anything safety wise... I mean just one "goodie" of some sort?

A tach.

Joe
A friend of mine put a windsheild on his Wide Glide and didn't like it .He said that above 55 it made the front end shake. He has the same front tire and forks on his bike that we do. You might want to ask some of the other guys on here if they have had similar problems.

I'd check the neck bearings for tightness, tire and whole front end if it has wobble,,I have run well over 100 with no noticable increase in wind effect on the bike. After market windsheilds may not be as strong with mounts or flexing and may cause wobble too. Something is not right when your ride shakes in the mid range.

Back