free website stats program Identity Theft | Harley Davidson Forums

Identity Theft

J

Jack Klarich

Has any one recieved a notice from Pay Pal regarding problems with your account? I recently had my Identity hacked and have just recieved this notice, dont know how this happened, My bank said my wife ordered new checks and credit cards , impossible she was @ work that day Be care ful out there this is destroying my credit as we speak, Capital Jack

Sorry to hear that Jack. Make sure you put a freeze on your credit approvals with each of the 3 credit reporting houses. Had a friend that it happened to. Be prepared to spend your life on the phone for a while. Keep the faith :(

Yep they tried that on me Jack. I belong to IdAlerts and they supposedly protect me from this sort of thing. It costs $85. a year, and I buy through CAA. I imagine that AAA also has the same sort of thing. It is a real shame that we have to have protection against crooks.
kemo

I get something like that once every couple of months. They want me to "login" and resubmit my acct. info. I cut and paste it to e-mail to the real Paypal website and let them chase it down.

be careful do not respond to the emails that come to you that is how they hack your information it looks real but it is not! Instead go to their site yourself thru your secure connection.I have had emails saying this and that and when i go to my secure site there is nothing so do not answer emails coming to you.

Forward any suspect mail to spoof@paypal.com that will alert the paypal security team of the destination website so that they can get on to closing it down
they will also put out an alert to all the Internet security firms so that your Internet security package will block you from getting to the site
any emails you receive from any financial concerns should address you by name at the head of the email and not by your email address
For example dear capital jack rather than dear jack12345@yahoo.com
If you think the email is genuine dont click on the link to sign in always go to their website and sign in any notices or announcements should be available in your account area

Brian

Forward any suspect mail to spoof@paypal.com that will alert the paypal security team of the destination website so that they can get on to closing it down
they will also put out an alert to all the Internet security firms so that your Internet security package will block you from getting to the site
any emails you receive from any financial concerns should address you by name at the head of the email and not by your email address
For example dear capital jack rather than dear jack12345@yahoo.com
If you think the email is genuine dont click on the link to sign in always go to their website and sign in any notices or announcements should be available in your account area

Brian

Exactly what I just did:s

Good luck with it Jack. Sorry to hear about it and hope all comes back to normal as quick as possible

Back