free website stats program Hubby's Surgery Underway | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hubby's Surgery Underway

Good news about Steve.I hope his dad recovers fully.
We will keep you all in our prayers.

Nice to see progress, kinda worried earlier but reading your posts Joy is very reassuring. He'll look good riding in the pillion when you take him out the first time:D...but until then, patience and recovery will see you thru...:newsmile080:

Just thinkin' us guys are'nt too good at listening to our girls (so I've been told) how is that workin' out? :newsmile105:

Great news.....I didn't hurl! :D And the doctor is very pleased with how it looks. Double woot!

He still isn't allowed to bear any weight, but the doc said that starting next week, he can start the weight bearing, but he is to take it slow. Not to push it too far, and while he is sitting, he is to work on the range of motion. So far, he already has more range of motion than before the surgery, so that was very good, however, it wouldn't have taken much to improve the situation.

It was good to see the doctor so pleasantly surprised. :s I have to give Steve kudos, he has been a very good patient. He is following the doctors orders to a T. This is pretty important to him. He was nearly ready to sell the farm because he could hardly walk there, let alone keep it up. So, he has been doing exactly what he is told. :newsmile105::newsmile105:

He hasn't driven hardly at all, a couple of very short local trips. Which really surprised me. So, with all that good news, we did have to get some bad news. His father has had a setback, (father-in-law had a stroke on Monday, :( ) We are headed over to visit him tomorrow and evaluate the situation. I am starting to think we may never see normal again. We will get through, but tomorrow will involve a 500 mile round trip to visit his dad, even though I will have to do all the driving, I am worried about the hubby. So far, short trips have been hard on him, tomorrow will be a doozy, not only physically, but mentally as well.

I will update you all on our return. I can't thank you all enough for your support! Is it summer yet? :small3d009::14::14::small3d004::beach:beach:beach

Just to update, Steve has been bearing some weight for just over a week now. It is getting better, he is not over doing anything, actually being a very good patient. One, he has finally learned that he is not 10 feet tall & bullet proof, and two, he may finally realize that the doctors know what they are doing in some cases. :D Things are looking good. Hope you all are well.

Great news Joy!! Recoop and therapy are a process, even if you're 10' tall and bullet proof!! Hope things continue to go well. Thanks for the update.

And, we have began painting in the last/biggest room, hope to be able to get the house back to normal before too long!

Well then get painting then :p
The painting does not take long to do it is all the preparation work that takes the time

Brian

Well then get painting then :p
The painting does not take long to do it is all the preparation work that takes the time

Brian

Amen to that. We (me) just finished revamping the kitchen, cabinets, countertops, appliances, what a job that turned out to be.

Joy, can to hear your hubby is on the mend...don't let him get on a ladder:newsmile036:

Just to update, Steve has been bearing some weight for just over a week now. It is getting better, he is not over doing anything, actually being a very good patient. One, he has finally learned that he is not 10 feet tall & bullet proof, and two, he may finally realize that the doctors know what they are doing in some cases. :D Things are looking good. Hope you all are well.

Glad to hear he's doing better.:a

:s Great news, looks like Christmas come early for you and Steve:D The re hab seems to be the hardest thing to get used to and Yes don't we all feel 10 feet tall and bullet proof we are Bikers :rider

good hear he is on the mend....now you need to stay off the dirt bike and try for both of you to stay mended at the same time...:D

Back