free website stats program Hubby's Surgery Underway | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hubby's Surgery Underway

Just want to let you all know that things are going very well now. Steve has walked unassisted (no canes, scooters/knee scooter or crutches) for over a week now! A couple of days ago, he walked out to get the mail & back plus a trip to one of the big box stores. He hasn't been able to walk the 300 feet to the mail box since we moved here 7 years ago! He is starting to have hope that he will be getting his life back this year and not be limited to the 1000 steps per day that he had before.

We have a lot of the painting done and I am in the process of getting things moved back in from the shed where it was stored. (That means my desk is set up again and I am hoping to start building up a little more internet time in the future). :D

We had a few unexpected circumstances pop up from the death of his father, but we have that all sorted now, so overall, things are looking up for us.

Our current plan is to stay in Ohio for a while longer, couple of reasons, closer to the grandkids and we started working with a local gun shop part time so we will see what happens with that. The other part of that plan is that the guys we were working with in Florida kind of stopped that project for now, so it will be a while before we are in the sunny south. :( We do still have the house down there, we are just renting it for now, so that is not out of the picture.

Thanks to you all for your continued support here. I hope to be back on line on a regular basis again now that things are slowly coming back together.

I am still surrounded by boxes so I will have to keep emptying them out or hubby will go nuts with the mess. :s

I am pretty much done with winter however, so bring on the spring!

:D So have you found time for any knitting:p Good to see you again

Great to hear from you Joy. Sounds like Steve and you are coming along fine.

I'm trying to get back to a bit of a routine. We have another long day tomorrow so tonight will be short, but I am trying to get a bit of net time in each day. So this is tonights session. Starting with about 10 minutes or so a day......:D which is way more than my occasional cell phone update on Facebook over the last few months. :D And you guys don't know how much I have missed you! Not only missing my friends, but missing my routine. :s

I'm trying to get back to a bit of a routine. We have another long day tomorrow so tonight will be short, but I am trying to get a bit of net time in each day. So this is tonights session. Starting with about 10 minutes or so a day......:D which is way more than my occasional cell phone update on Facebook over the last few months. :D And you guys don't know how much I have missed you! Not only missing my friends, but missing my routine. :s

:s Baby steps Joy, we all miss you but Family is more important here, and once ya get it ALL sorted out we will be waiting to see you back full time:p

Joy
great to see you back and to hear things are on the way up...you miss us all? even Jack's photos (hey i lasted 12 days). hope to see you in Florida next year for the SaltSprings get together. it is hard to keep it together sometimes but your doing a great job....keep it up:D

Thanks guys, I hope to meet all of you at some place/time, but, as far as holding things together........don't ask our dogs. :O We just got in from a 12 hour day and they were barking and carrying on like they were starving.....My comment to them was, quit griping, you can't be starving.....(I did see my husband getting their food this morning).......however, when I went to the back room to step out and get their food, I discovered that we may have forgot to actually set it back out on the porch for them today. Oops, sorry kids. :s

But those dogs have it pretty good overall so it wasn't devastating....

But I am ready for summer time! I am going to try to figure out the mobile options so I can zip in and out here during the day too. I don't have much time for the net anymore in general, but I am trying to get back into some kind of routine. BTW, someday when I get the pictures dumped on the computer, I will load some of the painting shots for you.

Night all!

:s Baby steps Joy, we all miss you but Family is more important here, and once ya get it ALL sorted out we will be waiting to see you back full time:p
I agree with Jack 100% !! I have ALWAYS told our new fire department recruits, if you don't take care of yourself and family, you can't take care of others. Believe me, it's true. Sure hope you get back into a routine fast!...Get back on track, and THEN, you can help others here on the forum. You're missed here, but you have priorities! Tell Hubby to hurry and get well!

BRIAN

Glad to hear the hubby's getting better.:small3d026:

Like others have said: family first, we can wait. We're always happy to hear things are improving.

Back