free website stats program How Much Popping Is Too Much? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How Much Popping Is Too Much?

Thanks for the heads up on that. I will appreciate receiving a break on the S & H. I'll keep you guys posted on how I make out.

If you added SE slip-ons and a stage 1 air cleaner, you should get the SE down-load. I added RUSH slip-ons and a stage 1 air cleaner to my 08 E-glide, and all I needed was the SE re-map.

Thanks again guys!

I talked to the service manager at my local dealership. He told me I might not be able to completely eliminate the popping noise when decelerating. If that is true, how do I know if I have the correct mixture?

Could the minor popping I am hearing now be normal? :D

No such luck! Right?:(

Reading the spark plugs should give you an idea...but these bikes are kinda lean from the get go and since you opened up the intake and exhaust I think you should also richen the mixture. You can either get a remap at the dealer...then have to see him again if you decide to do anything else, or go for the TFI and you're good to go until you go wild with mods. A little fatter on the fuel mix will also help cool the bike down a bit.

Thanks again guys!

I talked to the service manager at my local dealership. He told me I might not be able to completely eliminate the popping noise when decelerating. If that is true, how do I know if I have the correct mixture?

Some minor popping on decell is a normal thing with the low restriction mufflers.

Reading the spark plugs should give you an idea...but these bikes are kinda lean from the get go and since you opened up the intake and exhaust I think you should also richen the mixture. You can either get a remap at the dealer...then have to see him again if you decide to do anything else, or go for the TFI and you're good to go until you go wild with mods. A little fatter on the fuel mix will also help cool the bike down a bit.

Unfortunately, when I did my Stage 1 on this bike ('03 UC) a few years ago, I DID pay the Dealership for a Stage 1 1450 download. That cost me close to $200 back then. A week or so ago, I gutted the cam chest and did a roller chain conversion with new cams. So my choice was to spend another $200 (or more if it would need Dyno time) for another lean download/mapping of the system, or spend $235 for the Dobeck Performance TFI. Guess which way I went this time!!

TQ

TQ, I am going to end up with an EFI management system. Is the guy who gives us the $10 discount and free S & H at Techlusion.com? Or is it Dobeck Performance?

Ooops! It looks they are both the same web site!

Last edited by a moderator:
TQ, I am going to end up with an EFI management system. Is the guy who gives us the $10 discount and free S & H at Techlusion.com? Or is it Dobeck Performance?

Both the same.

Call and ask for George 877-764-3337 Be sure to mention HDT for the pricing.

Thanks again guys!

It's possible to eliminate that decel popping with a fuel management system that gives you more control and fine tuning than the TFI. Glider the Sage and I disagree on this one; but, I've had very good results with the Power Commander and can get rid of the popping by enriching the mixture when RPMs drop below 1200 on decel. Just another option...

Right! And any of you guys and dolls in the service (military, police, fire) get an even better discount than the HDT one. Check out the DP site:

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobile, UTV
EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobile, UTV

TQ

Back