free website stats program How Fast? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

How Fast?

You'll also find that these bikes with the 6 speeds that a top end speed will not be achieved in in 6th gear but rather in 5th because of the torque is peaked at a certain RPM and 6th gear lowers the RPM below the max torque output.

to which i agree.. top speed even begs the question --is it the gearing or the hoss power or a delicate blend of both.................. i think i know the answer--- top end speed from a serious point o view is mathematics an physics......

to which i agree.. top speed even begs the question --is it the gearing or the hoss power or a delicate blend of both.................. i think i know the answer--- top end speed from a serious point o view is mathematics an physics......

I try not to ride neer black holes, but I have seen potholes here in Michigan that may have had a Event Horizon. :newsmile017:

top speed even begs the question --is it the gearing or the hoss power or a delicate blend of both....

It really boils down to wind resistance. Like Hobbit said,, if your a pencil you just won't require as much power as if you were a billboard.

If you jump out of a plane, your terminal velocity will be ~120 mph no matter how high the plane was. What more do you need to know than that to prove wind resistance is key.

It really boils down to wind resistance. Like Hobbit said,, if your a pencil you just won't require as much power as if you were a billboard.

If you jump out of a plane, your terminal velocity will be ~120 mph no matter how high the plane was. What more do you need to know than that to prove wind resistance is key.

Off Topic, but the current bicycle land speed record is now over 200mph. This is because the cyclists on the salt flats ride behind a vehicle with an attached wind screen. This does not seem fair to me at all. Although if a cyclist gets outside the screen you can guess what happens.

Your correct. It isn't fair.

If it IS fair, then I am going to the same thing but go downhill also..

If you are skydiving you are correct.

If you jumped out with no chute, your arms are flailing, and you are screaming, I believe about 80mph would be correct. :D
lol

well now it taint wind resistence at all that determines how fast one can go just like if u go past 400mph hr you wont be able to breathe,, its the same reason gas ignites when u put a flame to it.................

Getting the match to the tank isn't as hard as it used to be when gas actually had some octane.

Back