free website stats program How Fast? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How Fast?

see my post /\
|
|

mine also please. And I am reading you correctly --- Your asking a simple question -your NOT running down the "black ribbon ninety to nothin'" but wanting to know if thats all she's got!!!!

To make it short and simple Doc, that's about all she'll do. I don't think you have a tuning issue, but like the other guys said, its not really designed for that kind of riding. Hope this helps.:s

To make it short and simple Doc, that's about all she'll do. I don't think you have a tuning issue, but like the other guys said, its not really designed for that kind of riding. Hope this helps.:s

Thank You, Thank You. :newsmile030:

What is the complete set-up on your scoot... i.e. cams,crank??????

FI, High F Filter, SE Pipes, Rest is all stock.

Some replies have come so fast, that I was not able to read them befor my post was completed. This can make the thread look disjointed, I apologize.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 09 Heritage with stage 1 will pull 100 mph fairly easily but there's not much left after that. Most of the guys I ride with say 100 is about top speed also. I don't think I have a tuning issue because she runs like a peach.

here how fast ya wanna go :bigsmiley18:

1st up HD's are choked to death not just the EPA compliant pipes and filters and lean engine map, but the compression and flow thru the heads, also the rpm's, limiter and gearing dont help:(
My 96" 2009 Ultra would struggle past 100 but it would do 120 on the clock just and i mean just.
My 110" stage 1 ultra will hoist the front in 2nd on the power and will become unstable at 120 (sat nav speed reading) as the front becomes very light due to the HUGE fairing.
My 2006 1200sporty will happily hit blitz the clock and stay there
NOW - my 103" StreetBob with monster compression would do 120 in 4th and off the clock in 5th and cruising at a happy 140+ (again sat nav speedo) this was with apes !!!!!
Now the real reasons HD's are slow - its all to do with gearing/torque and rpms.
Torque is what makes you GO, rpms is what enables the motor to SPIN - with me so far?
HD's are geared to make max TQ around 3500rpm after that they start to drop off and quite severly even tho the motor is still capable of producing more hp (more rpms) its just aint worth it hence the conservative limiter of 5500rpms - yes it can be increase with a SERT/SEST but for a stg 1 not worth the effort
so your HD makes massive TQ in comparrisson to what?
110 CVO out the box about 100hp and 115ft/lbs and weighs in at almost 900lb wet (heavy) at 3250rpms
a Kawasaki ZZR1400 makes 190hp and 114ft/lbs and weighs in at 556lbs at 9500rpms

with its ability to rev to a screaming 12000rpms (2x the HD) it will not only catch you it will blow you off the road.
thats almost 380hp per ton, were as the HD is 120hp per ton if your lucky.
Now the differences are the gearing, the weight, the DRAG, hds are like pushing a brick thru water, were as the ZZR is like a pencil.

take the screen off your heritage and the bags and you may see 115,
but this is the best bit
despite the zzr's awesome abilities (200mph) it would struggle with a tuned dyna over the 1/8 mile drag race - why the hd makes its TQ (go) sooner and quicker than it - being caught at the line as the zzr hits its sweet spot at 9500rpms, make it a 1/4 mile game over by half track it will have caught you and won - the ability to rev and make more HP winning the race

hope this helps :D

Yes or No would have been fine. :D

That's kinda funny because the rpm vs speed chart says that in 5th gear at 120 mph you're running 5300 rpm and in 6th gear at 120 mph it's running 4510 rpm . Now i can't say if this is true or not , i've hit 90 in 4th gear on the night train and that was fast enough for me . I'll never know if mine will do over 100 mph , my crazy days afr long gone , besides i couldn't afford the ticket . Lol

I think the charts are just calculated speculations.:newsmile017::newsmile017:. I an yet to see one run at those speeds and rpm. Wishful thinking:s

That's kinda funny because the rpm vs speed chart says that in 5th gear at 120 mph you're running 5300 rpm and in 6th gear at 120 mph it's running 4510 rpm . Now i can't say if this is true or not , i've hit 90 in 4th gear on the night train and that was fast enough for me . I'll never know if mine will do over 100 mph , my crazy days afr long gone , besides i couldn't afford the ticket . Lol

Chart numbers like that only apply if the bike was in a vacuum along with little to no gravity. If you ride without a windshield you should easily notice that wind resistance drag is not linear. It may take an increase of 3 H.P. to increase your speed from 75 to 80 mph, but it will take another 6 H.P. to increase the speed from 80 to 85 MPH. (example only)

WELP-call me a liar i don't care,, no way to gracefully answer that question without sounding like yer exageratin but here goes-- on the badboy springer-- highly modifed 125mph plus without any problem whatsoever-- done it several times. same bike same motor personal best ridin my gal an me --120 mph several times............ rather be on a sport bike @ 165 mph than a harley, let alone a springer softail 1997 model at 120mph.... that 21" tire and spoke rim worries me at 120 and up..... top end speed-- u gotta have that engine set up to breathe.. thats an 80 evo with 10.5 comp crane ign. scr. eg. heads stock trans............125 mph? no problem whatsoever.

Back