free website stats program How Fast? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

How Fast?

I'll stick to our posted "20 mph" in a school zone here ,lol. I just don't have that "need for speed" thing. I think the people that pass me up on the interstate doing 85-95 in their cage when I'm in my cage..I shake my head at them and wonder why they're in such a hurry. I'm one of those that think life is to short,,slow down and enjoy it. jmo

Well said doddad!

You correct on the handling deal...

Going fast in a highway setting is easy. Motivating any bike in the twisties is riding hard.

As for track days... Oh yea..:D Bring it on! This is place to ride hard AND fast. See... I got this little Ducati... It's a small light weight bike... I'd love to show you what it can do... :bigsmiley11:

Or let's go for a relaxed cruise... I'll ride my other harley.. My MV Agusta.. I can both cruise and ride hard with that one... :)

Unless I'm on the track, I'm speed limit +5 kinda guy. No matter what I'm riding...

You could post a pix of your Duc' next to your HD and I'm sure I would not object to the "contrast" in riding style being an enthusiast means...
Pasta w/ Steak tastes pretty good...just like Sushi w/ Steak in my book...
Beef Wellington & an Ultra Porterhouse ain't bad either...like someone we know has...it just makes me hungry and want to ride...later! :bigsmiley11:

You could post a pix of your Duc' next to your HD and I'm sure I would not object to the "contrast" in riding style being an enthusiast means...
Pasta w/ Steak tastes pretty good...just like Sushi w/ Steak in my book...
Beef Wellington & an Ultra Porterhouse ain't bad either...like someone we know has...it just makes me hungry and want to ride...later! :bigsmiley11:

No objections here either cause I'm right there with ya !! "Surf and Turf" baby!!!!!!!!

Ive done 75 on mine but after the damage to my leg at 25mph I dont think I'll be doin 75 again. Speed limit +5 will be fast enough for me.

My wife and I stopped for gas and ice cream comming back up from Amish country this summer. Four kids (Over 21 but under 25) were standing around the bike when we came out from the ice cream part of the stop and enjoying a bit of the barley pop. One asked how fast I could go. Told them that the Ultra would run out at 35 in second gear. They fell into their car and took off at a high rate of speed, we went the oppisite direction. Usually run 5 to 10 over and have seen the century mark out in Wyoming.

Got to run 5-10 MPH faster than traffic or you have a cage on your back wheel. Rode with a couple of guys on a trip and brought up the rear at first. The lead guy held the speed limit. Almost got run over. Took the lead for the rest of the trip.
Have a 113 CI with a 65 tooth rear,speed limit at 2250 RPM (60) 4500 RPM (120) Dont quite have the courage to see the max RPM yet.
Surprise a lot of rice burners.

If I am cruising, 55. Love to hear that motor chug. Freeway speed is 70-80, and the fastest is 120 on my SG. Only pinned it once, but I have been known to break 100 on I-10 from time to time. Most of the time I cruise the back roads with nowhere to go, or be.

Ride safe.

I ride about the same as Kit Custom.I always ride in the fast lane on freeway to avoid garbage and tires in roadway and tailgating freaks.

I almost always ride to the right. I'm one of those people that think that it's proper to keep right except to pass. It is the law in some states (IL is one). I don't like passing anyone on the right, but if they fail to yeild the left lane, I do it.

I agree with you 100% I just wish more people drove/rode like that.

Its the law in most states to keep right unless passing BUT at 5-10 mph faster than traffic you are always passing. Weaving from lane to lane is what gets more tickets than speeding. Therefore the left lane. Knock wood, last ticket was back in the 60's.

Back