free website stats program Hey guys what did you do to your Harley today | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hey guys what did you do to your Harley today

Nothing!
Worked next to it removing the cracked rear carrier/ subframe offa my HP2 Megamoto. The bit that holds the rear fender on.
Not my Harley’s turn for a ride.
Next but one.

Hey y'all, been a while life has kept me busy and on the road out of town for some time, not much riding in my recent past.
As I started it up this morn for the ride to work, I watched the "smart" security system go dumb and do its blinker dance yet again with my only working key-less FOB on me. Have run many "fixes" some obvious, some not so much, some simple and some not so much. Then I smiled as I look forward to going to a non security module on Friday! Back to basic security of yester-year... fork lock & insurance. Can't wait, had enough of it! If feeling really security conscious a lock and chain! ;) If they want it bad enough... they'll get it. How'd we ever do it without all this tech, I am a huge fan/user of most things techno but, anybody remember leaving notes on doors cuz we didn't have v-mail, e-mail etc... How in the world did we manage???:)
So due to my feeling lazy and having the bike in for brake recall I elected to let the dealer do the security module swap. My gut told me to do it myself, although multiple step and if you mess up you get to start again getting the bike to recognize the new non- security module. I am perfectly capable of doing it, I do all my own work typically. Should have listened to my gut. Went to the dealer picked up my bike noticed the lights blinked briefly but ignored it. Got it home pulled the side cover and seat...yep you guessed it the original module and antenna was still there. Had to start it with my manual security code. Shall we say I was not at all happy. Took it back to dealer, proved contrary to mech’s assertions the swap was not done spoke to him on the phone “ I swapped it”. Hmmm. Cry fowl. To the service mgr credit they scrambled pulled a module out of another bike to use until my new one arrived. Unfortunately this type stuff is one of the reasons dealers are prone to getting bad press. Had a recent experience in simple car maintenance as well. Point is if you are capable as I and others are do it yourself! If not mechanically inclined find a good indie to do your work. Better yet get manual and dive in. You can do it.

Temps are warming up to just above freezing so started to check over the bike. Checked all the critical fasteners, installed my new Clearview Shields windshield with vent and repaired the ferrule that had pulled out. Need to pick up some Dot 4 brake fluid tomorrow so I can change that out. Still have the brake pads to check and maybe install the new ones ; can't remember if I changed them last year. Hopefully my driveway dries up a bit more so I can take a ride next week.

Stacked camping stuff next to it. Right hand in a cast/brace haven't ridden in 6 weeks or so. Its a record for me and not something im proud of.....

Stacked camping stuff next to it. Right hand in a cast/brace haven't ridden in 6 weeks or so. Its a record for me and not something im proud of.....

I'm in the same boat as you. :( I fell while visiting my parents a couple of weeks ago and broke a bone in my right hand. In a brace for at least another 4 weeks, maybe 6. Doc said that I could make that call in a month. ;)

I'm in the same boat as you. :( I fell while visiting my parents a couple of weeks ago and broke a bone in my right hand. In a brace for at least another 4 weeks, maybe 6. Doc said that I could make that call in a month. ;)

Ouch. Sorry to hear that Bodeen and Joyflyin. Hope you guys heal up fast and good as new.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that Bodeen and Joyflyin. Hope you guys heal up fast and good as new.

Thank you sir! I lucked out, I have a 'Triquetral Avulsion Fracture', sounds really traumatic, however it is the 2nd most commonly broken bone in the hand, but usually heals fine & rarely needs any surgery to correct. ;) I am perfectly okay with that!

Thanks! I am not as lucky as Joy. I severed a tendon that was surgically repaired. Tuesday will be four weeks since surgery and have at least two more to go. Being inactive is not part of me...

Back