free website stats program Heritage softail 2-up riding? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage softail 2-up riding?

I own a 2005 Heritage and love it. Most of my riding consists of short trips around town, the type of trip for which a Heritage is perfect.

I recently rented a new RKC and went on a four-day ride, all the riding was two-up. My wife said the Road King was more comfortable on a long ride than the Heritage. I found the Road King to be great on the open road, but inferior to the Heritage when maneuvering in parking lots.

As one of the guys astutely said, you must choose a bike that fits the majority of the riding you do. With the type of riding I do, the Heritage is better.

I have also owned a RK and now a Heritage! Either one works fine for two up riding! I would suggest that the bike that fits you better would be the proper choice. The passenger will be hard pressed to tell the difference, especially if you get a decent seat for them.

Again, the RK was just a bit more cumbersome and higher. I'm 5.8 and the Heritage fits me perfectly!

(btw, the windshield is quick disconnect like the RK, has footboards and with the wind deflectors is a great touring setup for two).

What would be the seat you would get beside the stock seat. I'm 5.10 and it seems the Heritage fits me better also, just want the wife comfy when we 2-up ride.

What would be the seat you would get beside the stock seat. I'm 5.10 and it seems the Heritage fits me better also, just want the wife comfy when we 2-up ride.

I have had Mustang seats on all my bikes! Same with the 2010, although the stock seat this year is pretty good. I need a backrest and the Mustang works perfectly for me!

One note; my wife like the stock passenger backrest better than the Mustang mainly due to it's thickness.

Back