free website stats program Heritage softail 2-up riding? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage softail 2-up riding?

Yes, you can comfortably ride 2 up and even go long distances on the Heritage but that's not what it was designed to do. RKC is a great choice because you can lose the windshield for around town cruising and put it back on and add a tour pak for ultimate touring ability, for both you and the passenger.[/QUOTE]

Just a little curious but what was the heritage designed to do?It comes standard with a rear passenger seat,backrest pad,saddle bags and detachable windshield.No,it may not be as comfortable as a touring model but it's also not just a bar hopper.The softail suspension works just fine for both the wife and myself.Hey,it's a motorcycle,you're supposed to feel bumps in the road!Try one Doc,you'll like it!

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 21
I ride 2 up on a Heritage - the only time I've bottemed out is going over a rather nasty speed bump... I'm aournd 190 (looking to change that...) and the SO is around 120. We don't do multi-day trips, usually just a couple of hours. If we do get to the point of multi-day trips, I'd look real hard at a touring bike.

Yes, you can comfortably ride 2 up and even go long distances on the Heritage but that's not what it was designed to do. RKC is a great choice because you can lose the windshield for around town cruising and put it back on and add a tour pak for ultimate touring ability, for both you and the passenger.

Just a little curious but what was the heritage designed to do?It comes standard with a rear passenger seat,backrest pad,saddle bags and detachable windshield.No,it may not be as comfortable as a touring model but it's also not just a bar hopper.The softail suspension works just fine for both the wife and myself.Hey,it's a motorcycle,you're supposed to feel bumps in the road!Try one Doc,you'll like it![/QUOTE]

I've ridden an entire day (rentals) on a Heritage Softail Classic and a Fatboy. I wasn't as comfortable with the seating position, windshield was too high for me on the HSC, and no tunes. For what I was looking for, it came down to a Road King or a Street Glide and I went with the SG. Heritage was a close third choice for me. As has been said many times, you really can't go wrong getting a Harley as long as you honestly assess the type of riding you'll be doing and do some extended test riding of your 2 or 3 final candidates. VERY expensive to buy a bike and realize a year later you should have gotten a different one.

Just a little curious but what was the heritage designed to do?It comes standard with a rear passenger seat,backrest pad,saddle bags and detachable windshield.No,it may not be as comfortable as a touring model but it's also not just a bar hopper.The softail suspension works just fine for both the wife and myself.Hey,it's a motorcycle,you're supposed to feel bumps in the road!Try one Doc,you'll like it!

I've ridden an entire day (rentals) on a Heritage Softail Classic and a Fatboy. I wasn't as comfortable with the seating position, windshield was too high for me on the HSC, and no tunes. For what I was looking for, it came down to a Road King or a Street Glide and I went with the SG. Heritage was a close third choice for me. As has been said many times, you really can't go wrong getting a Harley as long as you honestly assess the type of riding you'll be doing and do some extended test riding of your 2 or 3 final candidates. VERY expensive to buy a bike and realize a year later you should have gotten a different one.[/QUOTE]

Doc, I am probably looking at the same thing as you, HSC, RK or RKC or SG. I'm going to do test riding a bit more and take my time to make a decesion, have rode a couple already, bought my dyna about a year ago and should have done more testing to get something the first time around. I was out of bikes for over 25 yrs with family and other interests and have now got back into it. I probably shoud have done more research at the time, but I was happy to just get a Harley. Hey, we live and learn :unsure

I've ridden an entire day (rentals) on a Heritage Softail Classic and a Fatboy. I wasn't as comfortable with the seating position, windshield was too high for me on the HSC, and no tunes. For what I was looking for, it came down to a Road King or a Street Glide and I went with the SG. Heritage was a close third choice for me. As has been said many times, you really can't go wrong getting a Harley as long as you honestly assess the type of riding you'll be doing and do some extended test riding of your 2 or 3 final candidates. VERY expensive to buy a bike and realize a year later you should have gotten a different one.

Doc, I am probably looking at the same thing as you, HSC, RK or RKC or SG. I'm going to do test riding a bit more and take my time to make a decesion, have rode a couple already, bought my dyna about a year ago and should have done more testing to get something the first time around. I was out of bikes for over 25 yrs with family and other interests and have now got back into it. I probably shoud have done more research at the time, but I was happy to just get a Harley. Hey, we live and learn :unsure[/QUOTE]

Take your time and try to enjoy the actual shopping process. It's fun trying out a bunch of different models. Eventually your heart will reveal which is the bike for you. I went with the Street Glide for the fairing, gauges, and tunes.

Whatever the case may be.... make sure when you test ride, you are with the person you will be riding with, I'm sure that person will want to give some input too.........
Lovin the Heritage though......sometimes take the bags and windshield off, and it still looks awesome......don't think the RKC is the same

I had a 2006 Heritage classic that my wife and I would take on lots of weekend trips, never a problem, pretty comfortable. I did get a mustang seat which made a big difference. One problem we had was that the mustang seat raised the passenger about 1-2 inches, which when my wife rode, meant her legs had a downward angle because of the floorboard to seat height. We took a trip across the country and over time, this became a big deal.

I loved the Heritage Classic, to me, it is still the best looking Harley, but we now have an Ultra Classic which fits our riding much better.

If you care about your passenger's comfort, get a bagger. If your passenger is a different person each road trip, get what you want and don't worry about the noise that comes from the passenger while your riding. She can always get a bus ticket at the next town and you can pick out a new one along the way....

I have also owned a RK and now a Heritage! Either one works fine for two up riding! I would suggest that the bike that fits you better would be the proper choice. The passenger will be hard pressed to tell the difference, especially if you get a decent seat for them.

Again, the RK was just a bit more cumbersome and higher. I'm 5.8 and the Heritage fits me perfectly!

(btw, the windshield is quick disconnect like the RK, has footboards and with the wind deflectors is a great touring setup for two).

Back