free website stats program Heritage softail 2-up riding? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage softail 2-up riding?

I have the Heritage. I tried the RK and love it but the Heritage just fit me better and I knew most of my riding would be solo. However I have ridden two up with no problems and no bottom out. I am 260 the wife is 180 and the ride is quite good. However in my situation with our size the RK would probably be better. But the Heritage is one fine ride.

I came off a FXDS and didn't LOVE two-up on it... It was okay but WHEN I BOT THE 09 FLHR,,,, NOW THAT WAS VERY COMFORTABLE..... MORE ROOM WITH THE LONGER FRAME...

I kept away from the larger tour bikes for several years,,, thinking OLD GEESER.... boy was i wrong...

I also like the look of the KING stripped down... i put the docking hardware on so i can have a NICE BIG back-rest for my wife (good lumbar support she says) and a luggage rack for T-BAG and that works great.. two up comfort all the way........... all come off in a minute.. wind shield :20 seconds

The touring bikes ARE MADE JUST FOR THAT..... TOURING

BUT the KING gives me the STYLE I'm wanting AFTER TOURING and the very GOOD LOOKS..... PEOPLE ALWAYS SAYING NICE BIKE!!!

Don't forget if you do a STAGE ONE ; use the DOBECKS TFI tuner ; changes into a FAST N FUN MACHINE....

I put V&H slip-ons ,,, Scrm'n E. air,,, DOBECKS TFI (discounted 100$ if military past or present) ask them b-4 you order

LOVING the KING more each time i'm on it.

JUST MY STYLE (OUR STYLE)

signed....BUBBIE

Wife and I enjoy riding my Heritage....RK was too tall for me. Up to you I guess....suggest you try them both before you do anything.

Like 09 Heritage says, I love the look, style of the RK, but yes, find it a bit tall for me being only 5'6" 130 lbs and 30" inseam...hoping to "grow" into one or modify to suit if and when the opprotunity arises, but right now I am on my best behavior...LOL...:newsmile100:

Ride both before deciding, try modifiying your existing Dyna and get some 2-up riding under your belt...your pillion partner can then help you decide BEFORE you pull the trigger! :D

i've rode a heritage, i loved it, i bought the sportster as a 1st harley, i got a great deal on it and have enjoyed it lots, but time to upgrade and i got my eye on a heritage at harley shop!!! its been calling me for weeks. i like the looks of them, not to much bags and goldwing looks, still a slick lookin bike witha windsheild on it. not that i don't like the others with goldwing looks,

I had both models but like 'newhd74fan' I too have short legs and had to lower the RK, had to put a lower seat on the Crossbones also. The thing which I like about the Heritage, or for that matter any softtail, is when I not touring and just riding around town or to and back from work is it has a smaller feel, (can even take the windshield and bags off and still looks good), not the Big bike feel but still is. Over here in the UAE they love speed bumps and I can bottom out even solo. I would rent both models over a weekend and spend some time solo and double before I bought but remember one thing 'Please yourself not everyone else'

I ride a Heritage, so I lean more that direction. Both bikes can and do the job well (2-up). It's going to boil down to personal preferences. As stated previously, rent, barrow or st*** both bikes and spend a week on both. The choice will then come easy. You can't really use other people's opinions on which one would be right for you, but other riders can point out what they like about their choice of scooter. I love my Heritage, because it doesn't look like a suit case on two wheels. Ride them both, then pick and spend, you'll be better off that way... The Heritage just fits my style, but a Road King would be 'ok' too... Take your time, it's a big decision. One shakes and the other doesn't. potato potato potato.....

Back