free website stats program Heated Vests | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heated Vests

Hey Geez, when you say it plugs into your bike I was wondering if it can be plugged into a battery tender which I already have attached to my battery? Thanks. From what I have read it seems like Gerbings is the way to go for the cold weather.

I wired in the plug that comes with the clothes to the battery and mounted the plug on top of the coil cover. Easy to get to and it doesn't flop around or touch the engine and melt. The HD or Gerbing clothes and gloves are excellent quality and are very warm.

NewHD74 - A 15amp circuit already there and ready to serve...nice. I'm guessing this is already fused and disconnects power when you switch the ignition off. Appreciate the follow-up and sounds like what I need to get wired up for my gerbing gear.

I wired in the plug that comes with the clothes to the battery and mounted the plug on top of the coil cover. Easy to get to and it doesn't flop around or touch the engine and melt. The HD or Gerbing clothes and gloves are excellent quality and are very warm.
Sounds simple enough. Thanks for that.

Hi everyone. Ended up buying the HD unit (jacket) and its made by Gerbing. Of course they sell you the thermostat etc etc.. Shazaaam... I was toasty this past weekend. Worth every penny.

TRVIR. On my HD on right hand side there is a short "dongle" wire/plug which is connected to the battery. HEated vest plugs in there & in winter you hook up your slow charger. This way you don't have to touch your seat.

Rgds, Shawn

My wife and I both use 'warm-gear' gloves and vests. The units we chose connect to the adapter connected to the 12vDC battery. We both have the adjustable heat control. They are the only vests we've worn, so can't objectively compare, but we are completely satisfied. We've toured > 7K ft in 35 degree wet weather and really couldn't believe how comfortable we were with just the vest and gloves. Just an opinion.

Back