free website stats program Heated Vests | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heated Vests

I think all the Harley vest that plugs into the bike are made by Gerbing. I have and would buy the jacket liner instead of the vest. It keeps your arms and neck warm, much better deal. Then if you want you can get the gloves that plug into the jacket, also pants and socks. Are we warm yet.:D

Hi,
Does anyone have or knows anything about the HD heated vests ? Other manufacturers seems to use electrical units only. HD from what I gather are the only ones with battery powered ones which last for 2 hours only. What happens on a 5 hour ride ?

As others have said Gerbing has a well deserved reputation here on the forum, and most other BMW & Gold Wing manufacturers including HD offer both battery powered and accessory plug powered heated apparel that is patterned or made by them.

http://gerbing.com/

I have the HD jacket and pants liners, and the gloves. Everything is made by Gerbing and is top notch. Put those babies on and crank up the controller; you better be running in the cold because they are gonna get warm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the Gerbing. I've had problems with stuff they no longer make and they replace it with the most current compatible gear. :s

I was able to meet the Gerbing rep and he told me if I ever had a problem with my HD heated jacket or gloves that they have a lifetime warranty, and Gerbing will take care of it. So 1 or the other are as he said are 1 of the same. Gerbing makes HD heated products. This info is as of last yrs. new bike show here in Spokane

I guess I'm the minority here, I purchased the Widder for my wife and I and also got the thermostat controls. We have had them for 4 seasons and have not had any problems.

I have a friend who swears by Widder too. However when I contacted them to see about a jacket liner they informed me they were going out of business? I then picked Gerbing as they have a very strong reputation and they were extremely helpful on the phone. And they work awesome. Had my liner on today on the way to work. Warm as toast. :)

I got the Harley vest that plugs into the bike and I think it's made by Gerbing. It is excellent quality and keeps me toasty warm. I got the dual controller because the vest is hotter than my pant liners. The thermostat in the controller keeps both at a constant temperature. Makes riding in cool weather enjoyable.
Hey Geez, when you say it plugs into your bike I was wondering if it can be plugged into a battery tender which I already have attached to my battery? Thanks. From what I have read it seems like Gerbings is the way to go for the cold weather.

A question for those running the Gerbing heating gear. I just moved over from the Goldwing family and had my Gerbing equipment wiring run across the fairing firewall, down to an Electrical Connections power plate that was a fused, relayed terminal block. It was a nice setup but EC makes no such power plate for the HD line.

How did you guys route your connection wiring and where are your plug connections located? Did you just run straight off the battery or is there a similar accessory terminal block avail for these HD bikes.....much obliged

The easiest way is underseat connection that can pull away without damage. The easiest approach is..."Plug & Play". The 91843-97 part is the HD accesory socket w/ 2 wires to 4 pin female receptacle for 12V accessory receptacle up front...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J00846.pdf

Under your seat you have an auxilliary plug...here all you need to get is the Y Adapter accessory plug w/ male and female ends also at your HD dealer and you can power multiple devices from an under seat receptacle to your heated clothing accessories (like most of us "would") and you are golden. No splicing and professional installation...DONE! Check out post #17:

http://www.hdtimeline.com/touring_models/26873-power_hookup_for_gps.html

Last edited:
Back