free website stats program HD Trike gas milage | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Trike gas milage

i took my trike for a little romp the other day, about 250 mi. Most of this was on freeways, kept it at the speed limit, 70 mph. I did this just to check the gas milage, and for some bike time of course, i averaged 29.6 mpg. way off of what they advertise. What kind of mpg is everyone else getting? :( the hd site says 48 highway, 33 city.
i get around 33-35 around town on my 09 triglide i live in the country so not alot of traffic when i start getting it on i go down to around 25-28 i havent done the remapping/aircleaner or pipes yet i may just wait till winter to do that as i am not sure of what i want for pipes an dont really want to spend more then 350 on them prefer less anyone have any suggestions for the pipes i blv i am gonna go w/k&n aircleaner as i have always not sure on what hyper chip i gonna get eaither

low to mid 30's here

Wow, I thought my '09 TriGlide was bad because of the Calif emissions but some of you are doing worse. I recently went from CenCal to Denver and averaged 33 on the highway but got as high as 40+ mpg in Colo going through the mountains at 9000 ft. That was unexpected.

I'm hoping opening up the intake and exhaust will free things up and let the engine breathe more efficiently.

I have a 2010' FLHTCUTG with 500 miles on it.I run between 70-73 mph.The best I've got is 28.5 mpg.I'm thinkin 30 mpg when its broke in.I didn't buy it as a gas saver but to enjoy ridin. Just my thoughts

2009 Tri-Glide SE slip-ons, air cleaner and 255 cams still avg. 30 and thats rolling into the throttle pretty good staying up with my 2 wheeled friends.
sprinkman

Hi all. My bike was triked out back in 2002 using an Ultra Classic and a Roadsmith convertion kit. I've been checking my mileage and I average between 35 to 40 MPG. So a tank will get me at best 200 miles.

Just came back from a trip to Maggie Valley, NC. We went from PA thru WV and TN. In the mountains, loaded with me, wife and stuff we averaged between 32 and 38 mpg. I am sure it would have been a little better if I didn't have to slingshot with the group. Around town we get 32 mpg. :small3d024:

wow; i'm impressed, just put the figures to paper. my husband and i both ride '09 ultra classic triglides--twin, v-twins. last aug '09 we traveled from w. central mo to milwaukee (and back). i've forgotten mileage when we left home, but approximately 5,000 when we returned? using my tripometer we averaged between 32 and 35 m/gal. this yr. we went a lil further. cruised across i-70 to york, pa (walked the line @ assembly plant). we had planned to cruise down the appalachian trail, but weather was not in our favor, so we decided on a civil war themed ride, cruising thru gettysburg, harper's ferry, antietam, and finally shiloh, before a short ride in hills of arkansas and back home. my tripometer took a dump before we hit york, (ole man not about to keep track--he cared less). however after visiting this site last nite, it got me to wondering, so just pulled all the receipts and a rough calculation: husband ave, 56.05 gal = 48.421; mine, 51.677gal = 51.677. hiways were speed limit for most part--some cities just kept up w/ traffic (meaning faster than posted); the nat'l parks we normally toured in 1st gear w/ many, many, etc.. stops. but mileage astounded me after last yrs ttls. the total trip was 2714 miles.

I just bought a 2011 tri glide, the first tank or two I got 29 or so, now with 1200 miles on it I'm getting mid 30's - getting better with miles. love the ride......

I got as high as 45 MPG as a two wheeler Deuce. I'm just optimizing carb now and clocked 41 MPG yesterday. It's a 2003 bone stock TC88b with the exception of K&N intake and V&H exhaust. I'm know my setup is substantially lighter than the tri - just a Frankenstein 34" rear that weighs under 100 lbs, their swing-arm which is about the same weight as the HD stock one, and wheels and tires (Weld 12x15 Draglites, Mickey Thompson 28x12x15s). Frankenstein said to expect maybe 2-3 MPG drop with the additional weight and wind resistance. I'm ok with this.

140 miles yesterday, 42 mpg. Just installed Dakota Digital speedometer calibrator as mine was off with the larger rear tires, so I don't have to recaculate miles anymore, but my correction factor was right on - 8%. Still playing with air filter, needle, emulsion tube, and V-Ductor to see if I can do better.

Back