free website stats program Harley Problems | Page 15 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Problems

Harley problems

• Total voters
With a TBW you should still be able to open the throttle wide open and check the throttle plate (butterfly). With the engine NOT running crank the throttle grip wide open and check the position of the butterfly.
With a TBW you may have to have the ignition on but i'm not sure about that.

Be careful in opening the throttle plate manually it could damage the servo motor with the ignition on it may reset the idle speed also JMO I had mine replaced @ 2k miles it would not idle down Warranty work

Be careful in opening the throttle plate manually it could damage the servo motor with the ignition on it may reset the idle speed also JMO I had mine replaced @ 2k miles it would not idle down Warranty work

Troubleshooting: First verify that the throttle plate moves freely when engine is not running. If it does not the TCA needs to be replaced.

Jack, this quote is out of the service bulletin you posted in the self help section.
No mention of damage to servo motor.

Troubleshooting: First verify that the throttle plate moves freely when engine is not running. If it does not the TCA needs to be replaced.

Jack, this quote is out of the service bulletin you posted in the self help section.
No mention of damage to servo motor.
H D has not done enough research on this, this set up is no different than most cars, alot of them have been damaged this way JMO

I have 29,400 miles on my 2015 RGS and the bike has been good.
Very happy with my bike and hope to put many MANY more miles on it.
Swomack

2005 Heritage. 27,000 Miles. Only one real problem but turned out to be a doozy. She blew the ECM fuse about a year ago. Ran fine after replacing the fuse then started missing off and on. Ran fine when she ran but when the miss started it barely ran at all. No codes ever. Over the summer and fall I replaced the things I've heard of failing most often. Fuel pump, filter, regulator and fuel lines. No help. I'm ver the winter I pretty much replaced everything that has anything to do with the engine control system. Everything but the ECM. Fired her up a couple weeks ago and she runs like she should. Don't know what fixed it and I know just throwing parts at a problem isn't the preferred method. But when everything tests fine and the ECM isn't throwing any codes you don't have a lot of a choice.

I have 1991 FLTCU. The sequential number on the vin is 00001 and the model code on the title is ULB. I've searched every where and I can not find any reference to a Harley Davidson with a ULB model number. I'd be eternally grateful if anyone can tell me what the ULB means and the meaning of the sequential number. Thanx in advance :)

I have 1991 FLTCU. The sequential number on the vin is 00001 and the model code on the title is ULB. I've searched every where and I can not find any reference to a Harley Davidson with a ULB model number. I'd be eternally grateful if anyone can tell me what the ULB means and the meaning of the sequential number. Thanx in advance :)

http://www.vin-decoder.org/harley-davidson-vin-decoder
Try this link, The vin is tied to date, place of manufacture color and engine size

Back