free website stats program Harley haters... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley haters...

Joe since your club has different type of motorcycles have you found that the Harley riders seen to be a little more knowledgeable about their bikes? Seems the riders around here that ride other makes don't really know much about their rides, while most Harley riders I know do a lot of their own work.

Naw. Most let the dealer do their bidding. I have a few I maintain but most, both metric and HD owners do very little to their own bikes.

I just figure they are mad at themselves because they bought the other brand, heck most of us here are multiple buyers/owners, we know a good thing going..amen.

It's the exhaust rumble that gets' them all agitated and grumpy. :wall We like the sound, so it don't bother us. :D

IMO they are jealous and restricted to what they have read or heard, that said if they over come this and test ride WELLL maybe they would be a believer?

Sad when people hate on one of the oldest companies in America who directly employs thousands and indirectly employs thousands more.:wall

Many people just do not understand and if they do not understand then they will be against it
For some people the fastest bike the highest revs the latest technology is what is required so they can brag they have the best
There is a perception out in the world that Harley's are unreliable this is passed from word of mouth and what has been stated in magazines there may have been issues in the past with some models although my bikes have always been good to me
Some just do not understand brand loyalty and think they have a better bike at half the price
Why do some people buy a bike that looks like a Harley but isn't one and have bad things to say about Harley's
Many years ago i had a motto guzzi le mans i had it for over 10 years often people would say to me nice bike shame about the electrics i would say is there a problem with the electrics on these i didn't know that i have only had it 7 years must come in later life
Often people will make comment on something they do not really know about
In the British army we had a saying it is best to keep quiet and let people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove any doubt

Brian

Well I for one can tell you this. I have a 2005 Electra Glide Standard I purchased back in 2008 used. It had 21,000 miles on it.

I purchased it after my VTX 1300 got ran over. (I was not on the bike.) I saw the 05 EGS back in 04 on the HD Website. It was chopper blue color and I just fell in love with it.

I had to pass it up because I had already purchased the VTX. Well in 08 after that VTX got crushed, I found my bike. The 05 EGS chopper blue. I still have it, 114,000 miles and going strong.

I had the engine remaned at 95,000 miles, and since then have added a Screaming Eagle 6 speed tranny. She runs great, and just this past weekend I got the Screaming Eagle Street Cannons slip ons installed. WOW she sounds like a new machine.

This bike I my car. I ride it everyday. I will ride this till the wheels fall off, and to this very day even dirty after raining, people still tell me. "What a beautiful bike you have."

It is ENVY for sure. If they can't have one, then they will just bash the crap out of what you have to make themselves feel good about what they have.

I'll second that!

I've said it before, I think Harley Davidson does a FANTASTIC job of balancing between modern regulatory requirements and tradition.

Outdated dinosaur, the naysayers say? Of course it's a technological dinosaur!! If I wanted a dohc, water cooled, Ohlins shod, sub 600 lb, 15000rpm, 180 rwhp, two wheeled racebike so I could do 186 mph on the Fl turnpike and pretend to be Valentino Rossi, I'd go lay down 14k and buy one tomorrow from the Kawi dealer. But, like most people try to do, I bought what I like!

Is one "better" than the other?? I say, define "better".

I get this at work all the time. This attitude of "I'm a "better" machinist than you".

:bigsmiley30:

We are all in the same boat, I'm not the best, and I'm not the worst. Just like everyone else.

My FXDF is currently the BEST at making me happy with a bike.

Back