free website stats program Handlebar question | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Handlebar question

Apes or Beach bars on my bike?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
from my experience with apes and beach bars is the really long apes will come out of my hand on a tight turn say in the yard before my beach bars will. the biggest problem i have with beach bars is those slow tight turns the bars will touch my legs not come out of my hands,

I take the screen off every chance I get (which is only 2-3 months out of the year here in WA). I wanted to give it more of a bobber look but my wife really likes beach bars. Most of the Fatboys around here have beaches so I wanted to go the other way. Drag bars are out. I like the Gangster apes by Carlini Designs but I don't know if I want to spend that much.
Another sight all to common around here is the mini-apes or risers on stock bars. I'd rather have a harder edge look and freeze my arse off than stop short of what I really want.
Maybe I should just move to a warmer state and lose the screen forever. Wind screens are like condoms, I only use them when I absolutely need them (that's why I got married, I don't use a screen w/ her either ) :bigsmiley22:

Details...Details...:newsmile092:

I use the HD Street Slammer w/ Intergrated Riser which is 1/2 way between Drag Bar and Narrow Beach Bars...but on my 2004 Sportster..."A low bar is a happy bar...when sportriding in the twisties..."!:D

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, there is no other way than apes, but then I am 6'8". If you decide to go with apes, be prepared to spend some Dinero on cables and lines.

Attachments

• DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Again, as a few have stated, its all about personal preference. For me, I built a 1974 Kawasaki chopper and put 10" twisted apes on it. It was ok for bar hopping but long rides got uncomfortable quick. On my 2002 Heritage Classic, I bought it with beach bars and internal wiring already done and I absolutley love it. The ride is comfortable whether it be short trips or long hauls.....

Attachments

• beachbars.jpg
    beachbars.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 94
I replaced my mini apes for beach bars. The minis were OK for out on the road, but not in town. The beach bars are far more comfortable and I ran the wiring inside. The mirrors work better also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back