free website stats program Handlebar question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Handlebar question

Apes or Beach bars on my bike?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beach bars on a Fattie.
Love it.
But then I've got a drag bar on my Dyna Street Bob, the only bike I really like ape hangers on!

CdnBigfootmed1.jpg

As I'm sitting here at my desk, looking out the window at the sun gleaming off my bike (wishing I was riding), I came up w/ an idea; how about a wider stock type bar. It would look like a low, wide ape. I have the screen off as well as the sissy and back seat. The lines would flow nicely w/ the bike like this.
Does anyone know of a custom bar maker? I'm sure the Tutle's or Jessie could do something for a couple grand.
I'm also thinking about removing everything from the bars (except for the front brake) and running a side-shifter w/ the clutch on it. What'cha think?

I went with Mini Apes on My Deluxe, Changed Cables to Braided. Not to Difficlult Took about 6 Hours....:bigsmiley11:

I'm getting closer to determining what I want. Imagine a 16" "beach-ape" (wide & kinda high). Kinda a grossly exaggerated factory bar. I think it will be that or a 16" Gangster ape. I think I've given up on the side shifter (for now).

I just last weekend put Chubby Wild-one beach bars on my Heritage Classic... LOVE EM' ran the wires inside, that took a little time. but what a ride !!!

go with the classic beach bar look. Apes have been played out plus the parachute effect they gave me wore me out on the longer rides.

But as someone else said it's a personal preference.

fatboy29, got any pics?

I have a set of 2" rise drag bars on my FATBOY. I'll post pics later today.

if needed i can take a few pictures of my 05 fatboy with beach bars if anyone needs to see them. i love mine and wouldn't have any others, just let me know if i can help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back