free website stats program H D Talking | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

H D Talking

Jack

I agree that it would be a good thing to do but you have the manufacturing issues and expense not to mention the mailing/expense and such to be considered. There's a lot more than meets the eye on this one.

I understand that there will be an upfront cost, so if you and the other mods agree put another key next to the contribute key and have a set goal and date to get it done, If you don't get enough $ by that date roll the money over to contributions.

If any HDT memebers are with a group like Lions' Club...they know the ins and outs of design, fabrication, distribution and sales. I designed 3 pins when I was a member in the 70's...really enjoyed the design, they are painted closone' finish over metal...did not get the logistics, only did the original sketch and painting with locking safety pin design...got a Region award for the design which was kinda neat. :)

While that's not a bad idea, who is going to take care of the productions/mailing and other tasks and expenses incurred for mailing etc for the patches?

While that's not a bad idea, who is going to take care of the productions/mailing and other tasks and expenses incurred for mailing etc for the patches?

Set it up via paypal with a set price for shipping. Product is not shipped untill money is recieved. As for the who, some manufacturers will hold inventory and ship from their address to address of buyer. I know this will take someone to take orders and forward to seller, but most of this is done computer to computer.

I understand that there will be an upfront cost, so if you and the other mods agree put another key next to the contribute key and have a set goal and date to get it done, If you don't get enough $ by that date roll the money over to contributions.

Don, I really like your idea, Lets Roll on this:D

Hoping I have not opened a can of worms here, Boss, how about a vote by the moderators with you before we get to carried away here, still think it is a good idea and do able plus its cheap advertising not that HD Talking should be comercial JMO:D

Since Glider referred us to this thread, I'll bump it.

I personally would LOVE a patch. But since we have members all over the world, IMO it would be nice if it was more universal than using a country flag in the design.

I do like the idea of using speeds avatar, or something similar.

What about setting up a paypal account and we can donate to the elected volunteer/s to get the ball rolling, and then sell the patches to raise money for the forum upkeep. I'll purchase 4-5 of them at least, heck, I might even airbrush it on my old bike since I am repainting it soon anyway :p

Set it up via paypal with a set price for shipping. Product is not shipped untill money is recieved. As for the who, some manufacturers will hold inventory and ship from their address to address of buyer. I know this will take someone to take orders and forward to seller, but most of this is done computer to computer.

Seems you followed my idea... with improvements. Maybe it's not such a bad idea?

O.k. guys I have a local graphics company I deal with frequently and I am cross border .If Speed will set up a seperate button for contributions to get it off the ground I will design and distribute tees and pins:D

Patches!!! Patches I say!! lol

Back