free website stats program Guardian Bell / Demon Bell | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Guardian Bell / Demon Bell

I had a gremlin-bell , on my EG rearfender-extender , Somehow it fell off , flat tire and electrical short followed , coincidence ??

Kind of makes me wonder if the bell didn't fall off would the flat tire and electrical problem would have still happened.
But the evidence shows according to the op, no flat or electrical problems with the bell attached, bell falls off,
[ may not have if the op would have inspected and confirmed proper attachment on a daily regiment ]
and wala, flat tire and electrical problem.
I better check the bell on my bike, may have just jinxed myself.

Had the bell on the rear tip of the rear fender of my 2005 Honda VTX. There was a hole already so it seemed the logical mounting place. In a group ride the rider behind me saw the bell drop off and bounce, and then it hit him in the chest. He still reminds me of this.

Within a month had a mixup with a pickup truck at an intersection. Insurance paid a total loss and I bought my first Harley, a brand new 2007 Dyna SuperGlide.

Had the bell on the rear tip of the rear fender of my 2005 Honda VTX. There was a hole already so it seemed the logical mounting place. In a group ride the rider behind me saw the bell drop off and bounce, and then it hit him in the chest. He still reminds me of this.

Within a month had a mixup with a pickup truck at an intersection. Insurance paid a total loss and I bought my first Harley, a brand new 2007 Dyna SuperGlide.

I your case the bell brought you good luck you bought a Harley:)

Back in the day a bell was usually affixed to your bike as a primitive alarm. Bike might be parked close to your open bedroom window - at least in hearing distance. I have read claims that the bell thing originated in pioneer days when bells would be affixed to wagons to ring in the arrival or return home to one's family. The whole gremlin thing was unknown to me until recent years (started riding in 1979 so "recent" could be a decade or so).

This has been addressed before. I'm not superstitious or anything like that. And I'm old school in my thoughts. It was related to me many years ago that you received a bell from a brother when you went down and survived to ride again. Kinda symbolizes getting your bell rung to some. But you can't buy one for yourself, and this whole "Gremlin Protection" thing came about as a way for the vendors to make money. Everyone wants to appear to be an old school biker. Without actually crashing.

To be honest, it is the first time when I am hearing about these bells and it is quite interesting. However, I think that it is better to have good insurance than to rely on such things as there are only some stereotypes. But it is not bad to find out the history of some things, for example, recently I have read the history of miyata road bike and it was culminating. I never knew what was behind it, it was from the beginning a gun manufacturing business, but not a bike one.

Back