free website stats program Guardian Bell / Demon Bell | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Guardian Bell / Demon Bell

Regardless of the cute legends, which hold no real water for me, the presence of a bell of this type is a definite indication of the fact that someone cares about you and your safety. This is because of the requirement that you are not supposed to buy one for yourself, but you must receive it as a gift. I bear one on the lowest part of my frame, directly beneath my rear master cylinder, on my '03 RKC. Having no inner dinger, the only time you will hear it sound is during very tight, slow speed maneuvers, but then, you have to listen closely, because the foot boards tend to sing as they scrape the pavement.

Enjoy,
Rich P
I have heard it ring when I'm riding near a BMW, Audi or Mercedes. Or is that just my imagination? Because in the UK, those are the cars driven by idiots LOL

biscuit said:
Dolt; maybe another Guardian Bell and some Loctite?

A second bell; Loctite is used on every fastener on my motorcyles. Very unusual for ALL five of the pulley fasteners to come loose at the same time. One or two, maybe, but all five had to be gremlins of the most evil clan.;)

A second bell; Loctite is used on every fastener on my motorcyles. Very unusual for ALL five of the pulley fasteners to come loose at the same time. One or two, maybe, but all five had to be gremlins of the most evil clan.;)
Indeed.

Rich P

Hey Y'all,
New here, and to Harley, and just browsing the threads. I've seen these bells and was told they ward off evil spirits. Im all for that! I read the story (link posted by dolt) and I'm wondering if it still works if the bike already has one when you buy it. I suppose it works as well as buying a bell for yourself.
Any thoughts on the effectiveness of preexisting bells?

We had a discussion on another forum on this exact topic. I had traded in my HD for another, but left the bell with the bike.

Wrong decision. Consensus was that the bell goes with the rider as a historic memory device but the bike gets a new bell, preferably as a gift from a fellow rider. So, the existing bell should be removed and retired, and one of your buddies should gift you a new one.

When I sold my heritage in 2014, I forgot to take it off. My brother gave me that one. This bike my wife bought it for me.

Back