Votes: 241 20.5%
  • Lower Grade Only (89)

Votes: 34 2.9%
  • Low Grade Only (87)

Votes: 28 2.4%
  • Doesn't Matter To Me

Votes: 11 0.9%

• Total voters
I run the highest grade because the dealership told me I should, dont know if it makes a big difference but still have the new guy worries and dont want to mess my bike up.

I also run 93 in my 2007 Heritage Softail due the dealer and the owners manual says. Figure with Electronic Fuel Inj I'd better play on the safe side while still under Warranty! Later,Hi-Tek Rednek:DELAWARE:USA

Well don’t I feel CHEAP ! I’ve used good ol 87 octane for years. Put 57g on my last softail and never had an issue. I do run higher octane when running the hills or two up riding with my friends because we ride a little harder then, so I do switch it up quite a bit. No drama here, 87 runs great on my day to day jaunts. :Banane35::rider

Manual says run 93 or higher so that's what I run. With prices what they are now , I
wish I could run "regular" but I'm happy to be able run period :)
Unk

The only kind of gas I avoid is admiral's. That stuff seems to evaporate or something, the fuel mileage goes down to about 29mpg.

Here in Calif. I've never seen anything higher than 91. I used to run midgrade (89) on my '86 fxrs, but after my motor rebuild, the builder suggested staying at 91. The fxrs didn't like 87 at all.

I'm using 91 in my RG (03).

I use 93..However on our trip out west we found it hard to find 93. Talked to a HD dealer in New Mexico he told us they normally burn 89 w/o a problem coz it really doesn't stay in the tank long. However they use a octane booster...so I suggested the cost difference he's really not saving any money. He informed me wasn't about saving money. Just hard to find 91 or 93 in his area like lots of places out west.

Just picked up my new bike the other day. I specifically asked the dealer about the octane of fuel to run and they recommended 92 or higher. I wouldn't think that a 9.5:1 compression engine would need anything that high, but I don't build these engines so I'm not gonna argue the point with the dealer. It's only around $15 to fill up the bike with 93 octane fuel so that's what I'm gonna use.

Back