free website stats program Gps recommendations | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gps recommendations

Garmin Nuvi 750.

Walmart has them for $142. It has a built in MP3 player and takes a SD memory card. I have an 8 gb memory card with over 1000 songs loaded.

For about $20 you can get a 2 yr service plan from Walmart so the unit is warrantied for 3 years.

I'm using the Nuvi 760 in both the car and bike. Have no problem with mounting on the bike. Got a good mount from Rammounts. I can switch car to bike/ bike to car in less than a minute. Also has blue tooth.

There is an alternative to the mainstream manufacturers, something which adheres more to the "analog" routefinding methods we all came to rely on : roadbooks.

A manufacturer in europe has made such a system which uses GPS data and pre-set user waypoints to calculate a route and show it to you in a roadbook fashion.

Their product is called "Tripy"

Take a look at their site.. I am considering getting one for next year's motor hike.

Tripy - road book GPS MOTO balade gps roadboek moto accessoire moto carte

TRMrouteBMW.JPG

Take care,

I use a Garmin 760 with a custom mount from ebay store called motorcycleGPSmounts. The zumo is overated and way overpriced IMHO.

I am not sure it is overated but overpriced I grant you that. I havent tried one of the other Nuvi style on the bike but I KNOW the Zumo is bright enough for broad daylight, watertight enough not to have to "bag" it in the rain and easy with gloves on that I dont have to stop to do any changes to it. If the Nuvi has that also then thats cool, save a bundle. I think Garmin should be selling the Zumo at half its "retail" price. I would probably still buy one over the car intended Nuvi models unless the money was the only object though. I am glad there are options out there to try to keep these things improving.

Phil

check out the zumo 660... i've just bought one for my 2004 flstfi... looking forward to fitting it and using it... ive seen it in action on a few of my friends bikes and they all say in their opinion these are a real great piece of kit, HD do a mount specifically for it as well.. map updates are easy to obtain from garmin

I have a 750 Nuvi and use both in the cage and the bike...Works OK but I wouldn't rig up a cig lighter on the bike...It can lose it Batt conection. I used a plug like the Batt charger has...Works fine

Jerry

Zummo 550 here. Used it for 20,000 miles last year. On the fly, or pre-progamed routes from the hd site. Works fantastic.

Back