free website stats program Gps recommendations | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gps recommendations

Garmin Zummo 550. the motorcycle mount can lock down so the actual unit will not come loose from the mount and fall off, water proof, vibration resistant and user friendly.

I have a Garmin Nuvi also, but was worried about coming loose from a bike mount.

I have a Garmin 285 or whatever. It's designed for a car, but, I know it will work on the bike. Does anyone make a handle bar mount for this thing you might be aware of ??

I've used Zumo 550 for a year now and it works great in car and on bike. I love the XM radio on the bike...set it to your favorite station and you never need to find something local

Harness from cyclegadgets.com made connection to bikes sound system easy. But if you just want to hook a head set or bluetooth connection to the unit that works as well

I only had it lock up once on me in 100 degree heat.

Using a TOM TOM rider 2 edition.
Been on my bike for 4 years and have not had any problems with it.
Can take it off and run it in my truck.
Draw back was the price almost 700.00$ Canadian.

Alan

I'm using a Lowrance XOG unit. It does everything I need and is weatherproof. I have it handlebar mounted with a Ram mount. Ram makes a more robust holder for it than what comes with the unit.

garmin zumo 550.
great in the car and on the bike ... and, as others have said, waterproof.
buttons on the left for use on a bike.
arrival time is uncannily accurate.
locks down when mounted on bike, so no worries about it flying off.
easy to use.
bluetooth works very well.
only drawback is the cost ... but a great gps unit.
if you can afford it, i would say it's certainly worth the $$$.

Garmin Nuvi 750.

Walmart has them for $142. It has a built in MP3 player and takes a SD memory card. I have an 8 gb memory card with over 1000 songs loaded.

For about $20 you can get a 2 yr service plan from Walmart so the unit is warrantied for 3 years.

I use a Garmin 760 with a custom mount from ebay store called motorcycleGPSmounts. The zumo is overated and way overpriced IMHO.

Back