free website stats program Got me a new Bike Trailer! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Got me a new Bike Trailer!

Bubbies concern... I've found that putting a 6x6 under the bike and pulling it down to secure it puts less strain on the suspension and makes the bike rock solid.

The trailer in entry point #8 of this thread is V-Nosed? I don't know a whole lot about trailers but shouldn't a V-nose trailer be shaped with a V-nose?
Go to this link and scroll across the gallery to picture #7. TC Trecker 5' Wide Gallery - Wells Cargo Corporation

There you will see a red V-nose trailer model # TC581-V which is the exact trailer the OP purchased. The trailer is V-nosed (at least to me) and looks nothing like the trailer on entry point #8 of this thread.

I figured V-nose meant just that... it has a V-nose shape unlike the Flat front of the white trailer from earlier in this thread. Am I wrong?

I have pulled both kinds of trailers and the V-nose used un-mistakenly less fuel at road speeds. To me, the flat front trailer was like pulling a garage door through water at 50 mph.
I absolutely concur!..........:small3d022:

Bubbies concern... I've found that putting a 6x6 under the bike and pulling it down to secure it puts less strain on the suspension and makes the bike rock solid.

why would you want to make you bike frame become part of the trailer? all these trailers bounce or jar bad when you hit a big pot hole. by ancoring your bike down solidly on a block just sends all that energy stright through your frame , motor, switches, you name it. the bike can be sinched down to be hauled completely safe and still not bottom out the suspention. I know we have hauled alot of bikes all over this country. I have a 21 ft doolittle cargo trailer that is set up to haul 4 big bikes. I have the condor wheel chaucks . And I ran E track down both sides and a strip of E track down the middle . I bolted the E track and the condors through the floor. the floor is 5/8 marine grade plywood. it works flawlessly! by the way do not sinch down your front so far to colaps the front forks and I personaly wont leave them sinched down over night.

roadhog, I can see by your post that you are passionate about you statement and with all due respect I do ride it. but sometimes the calander is not my friend, you see me and a few of the people I ride with are buisness owners / operators, so we have responabilitys to our customers and employees. there are alot of rides we want to do that if by chance we got cought in bad weather and were a couple of days late getting home , it might cost some of us a substantial amount of money. some of us work on bonded (timed and fined) jobs, so you see for us to get very far from home the trailer is our guarantee to be able to stay at a location and see and ride to the very last minute and still handle our obligations.

i get ur piont if iam out weather gets bad i plant myself and let it pass , if on a long ride homeward no time issue here

06rdking, your post is the reason why it is so important to have moderators here, to let the story reveal itself and not beat up on the poster. If I had the opportunity to trailer my bike when I did Field Service here in the States, that would have been rightous...now if someone can figure a way to get it across the "pond" internationally that would be even better! :ap

Last edited:
06rdking, your post is the reason why it is so important to have moderators here, to let the story reveal itself and not beat up on the poster. If I had the opportunity to trailer my bike when I did Field Service here in the States, that would have been rightous...now if someone can figure a way to get it across the "pond" internationally that would be even better! :ap

If you were coming this way you could borrow my sporty and you wouldnt have to haul yours across the pond
it is the older solid mount engine but it is well suited to our roads and knows most of them pretty well

Brian

why would you want to make you bike frame become part of the trailer? all these trailers bounce or jar bad when you hit a big pot hole. by ancoring your bike down solidly on a block just sends all that energy stright through your frame , motor, switches, you name it. the bike can be sinched down to be hauled completely safe and still not bottom out the suspention. I know we have hauled alot of bikes all over this country. I have a 21 ft doolittle cargo trailer that is set up to haul 4 big bikes. I have the condor wheel chaucks . And I ran E track down both sides and a strip of E track down the middle . I bolted the E track and the condors through the floor. the floor is 5/8 marine grade plywood. it works flawlessly! by the way do not sinch down your front so far to colaps the front forks and I personaly wont leave them sinched down over night.

Sounds like you haul trailers professionally and are probably subject to some bad roads while doing so. I on the other hand travel interstate and haven't found roads that the suspension on my trailer doesn't handle well. I have tied down a bike the way you describe and have had a strap come loose from the bike bouncing. I've also ridden into pot holes that threw me off the seat of my bike and really haven't seen the bike suffer any consequences from it but time will tell.

If you were coming this way you could borrow my sporty and you wouldnt have to haul yours across the pond
it is the older solid mount engine but it is well suited to our roads and knows most of them pretty well

Brian

Thank you for the offer Brian...that will be one for the books when I start attacking my Bucket List...:newsmile020:

Nice to know there is a Sporty with "autopilot" that knows the Scotland highlands very well!:p

Last edited:
Back