free website stats program Going to see some Friends I haven't met yet... | Harley Davidson Forums

Going to see some Friends I haven't met yet...

FerrousBueller

To begin with, You have to know this thread has been inspired by another thread posted by "Breeze3at" and the terrific write up done by him and others that have contributed to it. The thread I mention can be found here:

Sturgis: beyond and back

This thread might be a little less sophisticated, maybe even boring at times. I just wanted to have a go at it.

I'm planning to leave in a few hours to meet other forum members in Phoenix, Arizona.

Updates to follow...

Cheers!

Ride safe and have a good time. Great bunch of guys on this forum, no doubt. I've met several of them during a weekend trip to Ocala, Florida. It is fun to put faces to names.

Ferrous; Thanks for the words, I must say MY inspiration came from the great travel write ups of our much admired forum member pru7536. Have a safe trip and I look forward to reading about your travels. :read

Kettleman City, Ca

Made my first mark when I expected, despite the fog on the way East 152 from Gilroy to Hwy 5. I thought about an early break unttil daylight but the fog lifted as soon as I started down the other side. Timing is everything.

Gotta keep an eye on fuel consumption. Only got 40.5 MPG since last fill. Kinda unusual for my bike. Could be bad math or didn't top off on the last fill. Turned the Doebeck fueler down one point before leaving today. Next five hours should be flat riding, I expect to get away with leaning out AFR and better milage.

I'll have to get back to you on that later.
WAP.gif

Sure wish I could join you, I'll have to settle for a vicarious trip through this thread. Safe trip everyone, thanks for keeping us posted.

Sure wish I could join you, I'll have to settle for a vicarious trip through this thread. Safe trip everyone, thanks for keeping us posted.

I was thinking the same thing Don, my schedule doesn't allow me much extended bike time. Ride safe FerrousBueller and keep us posted!

Thousand Palms, Ca.
MPG has gone up to 42!
Progress should improve now. After a few unintentional "Long Cuts" that took me through slower in town traffic I've finally gotten to Hwy 10. Had to make a U-turn to correct one of my missed turns. While I was waiting my turn to go, a Fire Truck approached from behind. I still had a red light but they appeared to be in a hurry, ( I could tell by the lights and sirens) I carefully made my turn against the light and pulled over. When the sho was over a guy and his family caught up to me at the next light. He rolled down the window and told me it was a good thing I had done. I thought it was a nice thing the cager made the effort to tell me! I didn't think much of it at the time, I just wanted to get out of the way. Besides, i liked the color of their truck. Didn't know red could look good on a truck too.What is with all this road construction?! That's not helping me much. Can't they do that somewhere else?

Have to maintain 75+ to avoid getting run over. Well ya gotta do what you gotta do!
WAP.gif

Quit worrying about the mileage, ride and enjoy!

Quoted for truth.

The scheduled ride is pretty much an iron butt ride, especially for Bubbie. You guys have fun. Her-Heidiness and I just might join you for the next one.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back