free website stats program Get real | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Get real

got a good friend who is a old long time biker calls everyone he likes brother. calls all the women pretty baby. don't know how he gets away with out a slap but always gets the best service.

I personally don't understand the term myself. It seems to be used by people who are trying to separate themselves from others by belonging to a group or to sound "cool".
I have no desire to sound cool by using linguistic mutations. (Wow, that sounded cool all by itself) :p
I have already separated myself from others by just being me.:bigsmiley30:

Other than that, I don't have a brother, never did, so the term for me is mute.
If I like someone I will tell them or call them "friend" or demonstrate it by actions.

Fat Gus called me bro he was the leader of a 1% club
His father had been in the same regiment as me and i had known gus since he was about 12, when he got his first bike he brought it round to my house for approval
His father left the army and he moved to Scotland where he ended up as club leader i was a posted to the same area as a recruiter at the time
After spending some time at her majestys pleasure Gus moved away from the city to get a new life away from trouble
When i retired from the army and moved back to my home area i bumped into gus he lives about 15 miles from me and he still calls me bro

Brian

Coming up on the one year anniversary of that....don't remind me.......I may have to return to therapy.....:p

First, Joy if we call you Bro or not, we all have your back!! As for the term "Bro" I have heard it from many people some friends some just met. As Glider said words don't mean much living by your word, being known to keep your word is what makes you a friend and it doesn't matter if your called Bro, Friend, or Brother. Would I ride 5 miles to meet someone from the forum? You bet, what better way to find another Bro? I think the real question here is can you be a friend, because in order to have friends you first must be one.

Back