free website stats program Get real | Harley Davidson Forums

Get real

Am I the only one who wonders how serious people take their words? I put this in "Oil" because it seems to be the main topic people are willing to fight about.

Who here uses the word "bro" on this web site?

Who here would ride,,, a motorcycle,,, more than 5 miles to meet a "bro" from this web site? I mean, if he wasn't a vet who died and the PGR sent out an email...

What is Bro to you? Do you know one personally? Does someone on this website consider you to be his bro? Really? Has he visited you? At your house?

Jim, I moved this thread to the appropriate forum. What does 'bro' mean to you really does not correlate in any way, shape, or form with oil.

In the future, please make your posts in the proper forums. This just creates more work for the mods. :s

Being a simple man , when someone says bro to me it is just a nother way of befrending someone...I dont read much more into it...I dont mind if you call me aneything you want..I think frends know when thay have a real bro without saying it..

Am I the only one who wonders how serious people take their words? I put this in "Oil" because it seems to be the main topic people are willing to fight about.

Who here would ride,,, a motorcycle,,, more than 5 miles to meet a "bro" from this web site? I mean, if he wasn't a vet who died and the PGR sent out an email...

What is Bro to you? Do you know one personally? Does someone on this website consider you to be his bro? Really? Has he visited you? At your house?

Always love to read your posts. Well let's see, I still use the word bro sometimes but then being my age I still say things like 'Get Real' of 'Far Out' including my own addendum 'Further Out'. I still says things like 'Dude' or 'I'm Hip' so I'm really living in the Dark Ages and probably not the one to comment there.

I would definitely ride more that 5 miles to meet a bro or anyone from this website, however there is a limit of how many more miles I would go unless it was a special occasion and the weather was good.

Do I know someone on this website that would consider ME a bro. Well I would not blame them if they didn't. I'm kinda strange sometimes. But I have several on here that I consider THEM to be a bro. I won't mention their names since I don't want to embarrass them. I also call my brother 'bro' but I guess that don't count since he really is my bro.

Have we visited, well I met several of them at Bike Week and others I have communicated with PM and email. None of them have been to my house but I hope they know they are welcome.

Jim if you are ever down this way you are welcome at my house. And if we feel 'awkward' (as said in past) a quick trip to the store for some cold beer will cure any remaining awkwardness. But usually I'm the type to want to hear about your past experiences and work stories and share a few of mine so awkward tends to go elsewhere. My wife doesn't like vulgar lanquage and I don't for the most part unless I'm telling jokes with the guys. Never felt comfortable talking that way around women. My wife still cuses though when she gets mad. Guess I shouldn't say that but it's the truth.

I'm not the type to have anything to protect or defend (except my right to do so). I find the the truth doesn't need defending and I'm not qualified anyhow. I did and would fight again if my country called me though.

I find that a bro is someone that accepts you for what you are and you do the same for them. In my case if they don't expect too much they won't get let down. A bro is someone that you can enjoy just sitting on the driveway and watching the grass grow and talking about nothing much. Well most of my bros leave after 15 mins of watching the grass, but you know what I mean, don't you 'dude' . Later my friend.......... waiting on my new Rifle Classic windshield RWB (Dave)

My experience with Bro has been this. When working at the Harley dealer, taking care of the guys who were a hard core old school Harley guy. Once I could tell that they appreciated what I was doing for them and trying to get there scoot back on the road as quickly as possible with minimal headaches, then they would call me Bro.
Me, I call my 5 and 7 year old boys Bro all the time and it drives my wife crazy. I tell her its no different me calling her Stusch...

On a bike in summer I don't think distance would matter. It would be a nice ride. I drove 3800 miles in my truck to meet Bubbie and Chopper this winter. I don't call them "bros" but I think of them as good friends I made on this forum.

well, not a title I use or have ever used. To me it would
only relate to an actual blood brother. On the other hand
it doesn't bother me as I look at it as another choice for
a nic name, such as "bud, buddy, mac, or dude, when used
in a sentence. An example would be; hey bro, nice bike.
Sounds better than "hey you, nice bike.."

JMHO but the use of the word "bro" is a term used by some that try to be accepted by others by using the "biker" lingo. I have known some who "consider themselves" bikers and thus have to use all the "cool" terms trying to impress.
I have also had someone refer to be as "soul brother" and then in the next breath show his true colors so terminology really in essence means very little.
Actions speak much louder than words. :s

Back