free website stats program Garage Heat Follow Up | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Garage Heat Follow Up

Alittle, ran out of the brackets for the blue oipe, going to make a spacer to try to straighten the red. Or just leave the lighrs off.

It looks great!! I never thought of that type of setup. I went with a gas unit in my motorcycle garage. I'll bet the heater won't run much at all once the water gets to its normal operating temperature. Which unit keeps the water circulating?

The NAVIEN has a circulation pump in it for single zone.
Ran the air handler power from a zone pump power supply so no add on fan controller, fan is a .5 amp motor and zone pump circuit from Navien circuit board handles up to 2.5 amps.
I have the thermostat set at 42 deg for a couple days now outside temperatures have been in the 20s or less

At first operation the tech that did the gas hook up and setting up the operating system had the space heat water temperature at 180 it put out the heat noce but the pex got soft and they looked like the rooling hills of a nice ride out in the country somewhere between Denver and Kansas. Those were nice at 140 mph, ( was in a Dodge Charger with a 440 Magnum )much like a roller coaster,
Lowered the temperature to 140 and they are looking normal again.

I added support clamps between the first ones that I put on, so now every 19.25 inches.
On the pipe the temp is rated up to 180 deg.
Finished with the electrical yesterday, added a surge protector, clamps for the power cord and air handler cable loom.
Took a picture and realized I seem to have a red white and blue theme going,

20220226_164518.jpg

You sir are what is known as a "perfectionist", and I can totally relate to that malady. Anything not exactly the way you (we) want it, and that is the only part of the job that we see! I think it looks great, and it would certainly pass my inspection. The fact that the pipe creates the "Red White & Blue" motif is a bonus, and I like it. Keep up the good work!!

Thanks for the compliments.
Next project is taking the 5 year old electric water heater I removed to my shop and use it to replace the antique unit there, it must be 50 years old, I'll look for a date on it, electrical and water must come in on the bottom or back.

Another update 1 year later.
I found out from the gas hook up guy that I had used the wrong type of pex.
So I picked up the oxygen barrier pex and replaced red & blue pex.
20230129_143810.jpg
Also went with a filter system instead of the water softener system.
20220226_164518.jpg

Back