free website stats program Fuel mileage | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel mileage

'95 XL-883H - Completely Stock

After an afternoon riding the back roads today (Sunday) I filled up the tank and checked the gas mileage. I had recently put in new plugs, and had new tires installed so I was anxious to see if it made any difference. I was pleasantly suprised at the 57 MPG I got riding mostly 45-55 MPH, back country roads mostly in 4th gear.

Hey, here's one to make everyone feel good: for my bucket truck at work, the boom runs off the engine, so the more I work the worse my mileage gets, best mpg was 22 driving highway to Buffalo, NY and the worst was 3.7mpg just working. Overall on that I get 8-10 mpg. :D

Hey,that's pretty good.My 'bucket truck'(EPV] is a 17metre telescopic boom type and weighs 22ton.It gets 5 mpg anytime,anywhere.But is fantastic to work out of!:)

06' Night Train
Stage II SE 95"
5 speed tranny
211 cams
SE race fueler
SE plug/wires
V&H Shortshots Staggered
Passenger 10% of the time
Do about 70/20/10 highway/city/strip
Run 91 octane
Get an average around 34 mpg.

I have a 2007 Road King Classic
103 cid motor with extensive head porting and polishing
Roller rockers, roller tappets, DME cams
V&H True Duals w/fish tails
SE Super Tuner
Dynoed with slipping clutch (since replaced) at 103 ft lbs torque
Riding two up with camping gear from California to Sturgis and back I used about 107 gallons of gas at an average of 44.45 miles per gallon.
Generous use of throttle, lots of hilly back roads, freeway (some) at 75 with cruise control on.

I've got a 1987 FXRS superglide II 80 c.i. It is pretty much factory except for a set of Python straight pipes. It gets around 40 mpg

Last edited:
98 Dyna Superglide- stock EVO except for SE II slip slip ons- wind shield- ridin' solo ( unfortunately)- mainly highway 65-70 mph- just a hair under 40mpg:USA

I am getting about 43 mpg. I have a stock 2006 road king with rhine harts and a big sucker kit. I ride hard and fast most times. I got 52 mpg on the road trip to laconia, mostly highway and cruised about 75mph.

Frrider

Completely stock 08 Sporty 1200C.

Worst was 36 mpg, but it was throwing a check engine code (some wire in my ecm had popped out--the green one w/white stripe)---just got the 1000 mile service done today.

Previous w/o the check engine light was 43-46 mpg. Mostly around town 4th gear driving and often weekend errands with the wife on back.

Impatiently waiting to get a real weekend run (poker or other event) to see what it really gets out on the road.

Added a windshield last weekend so I'm wondering what additional diff that's going to make. Tracy

Back