free website stats program Fuel mileage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel mileage

Been averaging 43 to 46 on my 2007 EG with the 96. Installed the V&H Ovals and TFI as per the stage 1. Unless I'm goofing off and pinning it, I usually keep the rpm's running between 2400 and 3000 thats where I get my best mileage.

08 Road King Classic

K&N Air Filter
Xieds
M1 Vtwin
Spectro 6 Speed trans fluid
Spectro Primary Chain Case lube

I usually get about 42-44 MPG

I have a stage 1 2007 FXST
Thunder max auto tuner
Stock motor
Windshield and lower fork wind deflectors.
commuting to work I Ride 20 miles of freeway with a 10 to 20 mile an hour head wind both ways....sounds weird but the wind changes direction every day. :34: on the freeway back and forth I ride 70-80 and get about 38 mpg riding solo.

On the weekends or any other time I take a longer ride I ride 2 up and get 42-45 mpg

On the thunder max tuner I modified the map on my cruise rpm's to 14.4:1 up to 1/4 throttle and left every thing else the same. with the original map I got 32 mpg not matter what.

Oh yeah I also lower the engine temp. alarm to 290 to make sure the motor wasn't gonna run too hot at that ratio, and when I check the warranty info on the tuner it tells me how many times I hit what temps. and it's only hit 280 a couple of times, and I think that was sitting at lights for a long time. It seems to run 250-260 most of the time.

Oh yeah I also lower the engine temp. alarm to 290 to make sure the motor wasn't gonna run too hot at that ratio, and when I check the warranty info on the tuner it tells me how many times I hit what temps. and it's only hit 280 a couple of times, and I think that was sitting at lights for a long time. It seems to run 250-260 most of the time.

You might want to think about an oil cooler if you don't already have one. Probably drop your temps by 15-25 degF. The Jagg 10 row is an easy install. I got the adapter with the thermostat in it, but probably did not need to.

TQ

You might want to think about an oil cooler if you don't already have one. Probably drop your temps by 15-25 degF. The Jagg 10 row is an easy install. I got the adapter with the thermostat in it, but probably did not need to.

TQ

I was talkin' engine temp. not oil temp. The oil temp on the dip stick runs about 220 and I've never seen it go over 250 even sitting at a light in 95 deg. weather. I've thought about putting an oil cooler on and if I do I'll prolly do it this winter. Our Hot season only lasts a couple of months over here and I think it's about done now.........only got up to 78 today. I'll look into the the Jagg, thanks for the tip.:cheers:rider

Hi, I have 2002 FXD 17k miles on it. It has V&H Big Shots, Arlen Ness Big Sucker, CV carb.

Weekend trip I made with 47 MPG, 5 litres per 100 kilometers. Average speed was 55 mph (89km/h), distance 169 miles (271 km). I had one stop after 250 kilometres, pause is not included in time. You can see the trip in web at Nokia Sportstracker
Nokia Sports Tracker Beta

I am sorry, did not have time to take any scenic pictures on the way.

Tuukka

I was talkin' engine temp. not oil temp. The oil temp on the dip stick runs about 220 and I've never seen it go over 250 even sitting at a light in 95 deg. weather. I've thought about putting an oil cooler on and if I do I'll prolly do it this winter. Our Hot season only lasts a couple of months over here and I think it's about done now.........only got up to 78 today. I'll look into the the Jagg, thanks for the tip.:cheers:rider

I understand. But the cooler and cleaner you can keep your top shelf synthetic oil, the better it will help fight higher engine temps as you lean out the injection.

TQ

08 Ultra Classic stock
When bike was new:
48-50 on highway cruise set at 65 mph
City riding = High 30's low 40's

NOW with Xied's installed and over 6000 miles on bike
High 40's on highway with cruise at 65 mph
City riding = Low 30's but I think that is because I like to twist throttle a lot.

Back