free website stats program Fuel Leak from fitting | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Leak from fitting

As I am in the middle of this same issue, what is the best way to remove the old O ring so as not to damage the housing, and to re install the new O ring? Any cool tricks to use on my 2000 Road King?

If you have the MM injection you MUST replace the whole fuel line.
I had the same issue on my 99 RKC.
Look at J&P they have braided replacement fuel lines for the MM system.
The oring will not fix the leak.:(

Yes from the bottom of the tank. You push on the sleeve and it disconnects with some pressure upwards on the hose.

You can order it here.

Search For A Part on Zanotti

I can make this a lot easier. It seems to be a common problem so I did some research. The actual dimension for the fuel tank quick disconnect o-ring is 0.414"ID x 0.558"OD 0.072" thickness. It IS NOT the same as the o-ring in the oil pan and tranny. Those are both metric. You may get lucky and get them to "work", but why do that when you can get the right one, and get it cheap. The fuel line O-rings can be found by the description: 0.414"ID x 0.558"OD 0.072", 905 buna o-ring. I found them at Grainger, Fastenal, Motion Industries, McMasters, and Fluid Air to name but a few. I paid $6.00 for a zip log bag of 10. If you prefer just do a google search and use the term 0.414"ID x 0.558"OD 0.072 thickness .072".

Back