free website stats program Frustrated and Discouraged | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Frustrated and Discouraged

Dealer can make a big difference. I to rode Wings for years still have one. They are alot smoother. Bought a '06 Ultra last April have put 6000 miles on it with a few small issues not bad for a used bike . My dealer Paris Harley Paris TX. has been great. Good luck with the problem. You are on a great forum . I read a lot and these guys are great. gbsb

I bought a 2009 RK and had the same problems. Terrible vibrations. Muffler broke the weld on the mount'turn signals fell off on the highway. It got so bad that I would spend 20 minutes tightening everything up before going riding. Bike was in the shop 3 weeks out of the 5 weeks I owned it. Dealer never found the problem. I finallly returnewd the bike under the Lemmon Law. I got the new Street Glide what a difference that was. Hope you get it fixed but you may end up flogging a dead horse.

I finallly returnewd the bike under the Lemmon Law. I got the new Street Glide what a difference that was.

I thought in most states the Lemon law does not apply to recreational vehicles including Motorcycles. I would like to read how the Law applies in your state. What state were you in?

Glad they got it figured out. I worked on mine one time & accidently dropped a socket down between the frame & the engine. It was shortly after I replaced the stator & the rotor on the bike (maybe 100 miles), my heart sunk like a rock until I noticed something shinny by the riders floor board.

Toby

I had anew rear tire put on my 2004 Road King Custom also 20000 service told them to go over whole bike, when done loaded it in trailer for 1500 mile trip ,took bike out of trailer went about 100 feet ,realized had a bad vibration. trailered to local dealer in N.H. he found the problem,original dealer that did tire in T.N. didnt tighten axel nuts, could of been bad 1st day of 3 week bike trip in new england, techs need more training!!!

gww303 , hoe come you changed your wheels from wire to mags ? Did you have an issue with your wires? There is something going on about wire wheels and rims splitting?

Bought my 09 Ultra April 19th,traded in an 88 Goldwing hat I had for 5yrs and never had an issue.Had a flat the second day I had the Harley and since then its been in the shop for a phantom vibration twice and is still there now going on two weeks.Was told if I put the sage 1 on it would fix the problem.$1400 dollars later still not fixed and still in the shop.Getting really frustrated!!! :(

Stage 1 did nothing for the vibs on my 03, 04 and 06 FL's!!!! :newsmile042:

My uncle [who got me into biking] had a 1984[?] Gold Wing. His lady friend said it was too load. He laughed and said all you can hear are the tires on the road.:D

Back