free website stats program First post from a new enthusiast! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

First post from a new enthusiast!

I went from a Sporty with Mid Controls to a Deluxe with Floorboards and the heel/toe shift. I LOVE the heel/toe shift. My highway bars have integrated "pegs" for stretching out, though I'm too short to use them. When my husband rides mine (only because his is at the Lake house for the winter) he shifts at the floorboards and then stretches out with the highway pegs. Seems the best of both worlds.

The vibration thing can be a pain. My Deluxe has no issue, but my husband bought passenger floor boards for me on is RK and they vibrated a lot. I didn't care for that!

Welcome and thanks for serving.

Oh yea, I lived in New Orleans/Baton Rouge area for six years. Great place!

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Was the switch from mid to floorboards a pretty seamless transition or did it take some getting used to?

I tell you, I love going back home to La. When I decide to retire (which may be sooner rather than later, especially since I'm about to turn 40 and still young enough to retire again) I want to go back to the BR area. Maybe I can get a job at a golf course and be the old coot who calls out people's tee times.

It took one ride around the neighborhood and I was converted. In my feeble brain the heel/toe just makes sense. The heel is for upshifting and the toe for downshifting.

Not a bad retirement plan. I want to be the old lady that sits on the dock and yells at everyone, "No Wake"! Pretty similar - except you would get paid!

I saw your profile pick and see what you mean about the footboards and not reaching the pegs. Looks like the boards fit you perfect. Great looking bike.

Thanks!!! I love my bike. It was an anniversary present. He searched for a lowered Deluxe in Blue/White because he knew I really liked them. I was very surprised.

Thanks!!! I love my bike. It was an anniversary present. He searched for a lowered Deluxe in Blue/White because he knew I really liked them. I was very surprised.

Nice; great way to be surprised, huh. If you ride the Deluxe, what does he ride, a two-wheeled limo?

I have a Sporty with the forwards and I had an Electra with the boards,I currently ride a RK with floors and here's what I've found. With the floors and highway bars and then you're highways you've 4 different, maybe five places to move to. I find on a longer ride that the more adjusting I can do the longer I can ride. Think about just a long cruise in youre car. You re constantly moving youre feet to readjust for comfort. Its just what I like. Thx for the service and keep yourself safe. Those carpet pilots are crafty...Weasley but crafty ! Did I mention a Powerful Stench TOO !!!

I have a Sporty with the forwards and I had an Electra with the boards,I currently ride a RK with floors and here's what I've found. With the floors and highway bars and then you're highways you've 4 different, maybe five places to move to. I find on a longer ride that the more adjusting I can do the longer I can ride. Think about just a long cruise in youre car. You re constantly moving youre feet to readjust for comfort. Its just what I like. Thx for the service and keep yourself safe. Those carpet pilots are crafty...Weasley but crafty ! Did I mention a Powerful Stench TOO !!!

Thanks. Definitely worth considering.

You're right, they are weasley and crafty. And I have no issue whatsoever helping them meet their maker.

Hi bornonabayou,

Welcome to the forum there is a lot of information here to be reaped. I am originally from LA..Shreveport.
On the floorboards question, I would first think about your riding style, are you aggressive in the twisties or more laid back. I found that the boards tend to hit the road in the turns especially if the bike is low to begin with. I have forward controls on my Softail and am very pleased with the result. Just a thought.

Hi bornonabayou,

Welcome to the forum there is a lot of information here to be reaped. I am originally from LA..Shreveport.
On the floorboards question, I would first think about your riding style, are you aggressive in the twisties or more laid back. I found that the boards tend to hit the road in the turns especially if the bike is low to begin with. I have forward controls on my Softail and am very pleased with the result. Just a thought.

Thanks, gator.

I'm not an aggressive rider at all, more laid back, nor do are there any winding roads for me to drive. But I didn't think about the boards hitting the ground, either. Dang - a lot to consider.

Back