free website stats program First post from a new enthusiast! | Harley Davidson Forums

First post from a new enthusiast!

I finally made the decision to take the rider's course, and I bought my first bike last September, a 2010 Street Bob. It has been one of the best decisions I've ever made and has completely changed my life. I can't wait for spring to finally arrive to get back out on the road. I'm changing duty stations this summer to a little more weather-friendly climate. (I'm also looking forward to going back home on leave to South Lousiana in June and riding across the Atchafalaya).

The biggest problem I have is deciding whether to go to floorboards or forward controls. There's a place on Ebay that sells floorboards for my model, but I'm not sure if I completely trust it. But I figure if this is the biggest problem I'm having then I must be in pretty good shape.

Sorry for the long first post, but this is a great forum and I've learned a lot just going through some of the posts. Look forward to many years of sharing with you guys.

Welcome! Good luck with the bike and the weather and the duty changes! I'm new here too and love it! Great people great info!

Welcome to the HDTimeline forum...you will find plenty of information in the self help tips tab near the top of the page, and the search tab just typing in a few keywords on your subject of interest. Once you get a few posts in, take a few pix...always nice to hear about your new ride discoveries! :D

Welcome to the forum. Best on the net is an understatement. Congrats on the first post also. I think everyone has something to contribute even if it's just an opinion as is so often the case with me, being a novice and all. I will also say that after riding on pegs in a previous life, now that I'm on floorboards, I lov'em.
Ishmael

Welcome to the forum! Where is home for you? I was born and raised @ Lake Charles and DeRidder. Left years ago for a career in the Air Force. My folks are now at Toledo Bend, great fishing area. I ride a Fatboy and love the floorboards, especially when riding any distances. I know mids with a set of footpegs mounted a crash bar works real good for distance riding too. The fowards look cool, but I can't speak of them since I've never ridden with them. Thanks for serving!

Great choice of bike - enjoy.

Before you go for forwards, consider highway brackets and pegs. I went from forwards on my Vrod to mids on the Street Bob. I love the mids around town.

Welcome to the forum! Where is home for you? I was born and raised @ Lake Charles and DeRidder. Left years ago for a career in the Air Force. My folks are now at Toledo Bend, great fishing area. I ride a Fatboy and love the floorboards, especially when riding any distances. I know mids with a set of footpegs mounted a crash bar works real good for distance riding too. The fowards look cool, but I can't speak of them since I've never ridden with them. Thanks for serving!

Thanks to all for the posts. I appreciate the thanks for service; never gets old hearing even after nearly 23 years.

I'm from Baton Rouge, born and raised, and got my commission through LSU ROTC. My family is still the area.

I'm not a tall guy, so I think floorboards would work better. I guess the best thing to do is sit on bikes with both and make my decision from there. I'd like to do the job myself, whichever I decide. That way I get the do-it-yourself satisfaction and I'll learn a little more about my bike.

Welcome to the forum. Shortly after joining, this forum saved me $400 dollars in showing me how to fix my starter myself. There has been a few others savings after that. This is a great forum with alot of information and I know you will enjoy your stay here....I to want to thank you for your service:USA

Back