free website stats program First post from a new enthusiast! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

First post from a new enthusiast!

Welcome to The Forum and your first Post. Great choice on The Streetbob. Thanks for your service:rider:wce

Welcome to the forum. I have a Dyna, and put footboards on it. I did not like them for two reasons, they were not angled correctly and put my feet at an uncomfortable angle (just a little), they were not "dampened" (vibration isolated like factory footboards), and my feet moved around. I much prefer my highway pegs.

Welcome friend, I’m 5’11 and have the floorboards on my softail deluxe and I’m always hanging my feet off the end. And I had a sportster 1200 custom with the forward controls and in my opinion the forward pegs position feels better. Regards MD

Welcome to the forum. I have a Dyna, and put footboards on it. I did not like them for two reasons, they were not angled correctly and put my feet at an uncomfortable angle (just a little), they were not "dampened" (vibration isolated like factory footboards), and my feet moved around. I much prefer my highway pegs.

You know, that's a great point (the vibration) I hadn't thought about.

I was mainly looking at the footboards for the heel-toe shifter so I could teach the wife how to ride. She's got a below-knee prosthetic and can't really maneuver the mid shift. But we aren't going to let something like a prosthetic get in the way of riding.

I was mainly looking at the footboards for the heel-toe shifter so I could teach the wife how to ride. She's got a below-knee prosthetic and can't really maneuver the mid shift. But we aren't going to let something like a prosthetic get in the way of riding.

AhHaa; More, better information on your reason. I'll think on this, and see if I can remember something worthwhile to pass on to you.

I went from a Sporty with Mid Controls to a Deluxe with Floorboards and the heel/toe shift. I LOVE the heel/toe shift. My highway bars have integrated "pegs" for stretching out, though I'm too short to use them. When my husband rides mine (only because his is at the Lake house for the winter) he shifts at the floorboards and then stretches out with the highway pegs. Seems the best of both worlds.

The vibration thing can be a pain. My Deluxe has no issue, but my husband bought passenger floor boards for me on is RK and they vibrated a lot. I didn't care for that!

Welcome and thanks for serving.

Oh yea, I lived in New Orleans/Baton Rouge area for six years. Great place!

AhHaa; More, better information on your reason. I'll think on this, and see if I can remember something worthwhile to pass on to you.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm 5-8, so the reach on forward controls are a little concerning. Like I said earlier, it's probably best just to sit on one and see how it fits, huh.

She loves the bike, but she's a little hesitant to sit on anything other than the passenger seat (which is understandable). Truth be told, though, and I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, there's nothing like being alone on your own bike. I don't mind the wife on the back for shorter trips, but I'd rather get her on her own and take longer rides. I love my bike, but it's definitely not passenger friendly for extended periods.

Back