free website stats program Finding Neutral | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Finding Neutral

Not to start an oil war, but I kind of agree for my bike. My dad convinced me to put Redline in after getting the bike and the change from Syn3 to Redline made neutral harder to find and now it clunks a lot louder in the lower gears.

I've not heard this claim before, are you using shockproof heavy? I like the idea of it coating and sticking to the gears, for me that's a big plus.

I've not heard this claim before, are you using shockproof heavy? I like the idea of it coating and sticking to the gears, for me that's a big plus.

Yeah, even had to warm it to get it to flow out of the tube better because we were doing it on a cool March morning. I was surprised since he swears by it but I certainly noticed a considerable increase in noise when shifting and assumed it would quiet down after breaking the fluid in a bit. 8000 miles later, it's still loud but I've learned the new sweet spot for getting to neutral from 2nd.

This is the first I have heard bad about Redline. It works well for me.

me to I use it good stuff. use mtl in primary 75-80. I feel it pass neutral every time I shift from first to second back to first no problem what I always say if u cant find neutral try try: again :rofl

Yeah, even had to warm it to get it to flow out of the tube better because we were doing it on a cool March morning. I was surprised since he swears by it but I certainly noticed a considerable increase in noise when shifting and assumed it would quiet down after breaking the fluid in a bit. 8000 miles later, it's still loud but I've learned the new sweet spot for getting to neutral from 2nd.

I was wrong. I just went out to drain all my fluids for 20k maintenance and I saw the bottle of Belray GearSaver on the shelf. Sorry for the confusion. Replacing everything with AMSOil and will see how it goes.

I was wrong. I just went out to drain all my fluids for 20k maintenance and I saw the bottle of Belray GearSaver on the shelf. Sorry for the confusion. Replacing everything with AMSOil and will see how it goes.

Belray is a good product, they've been around for a long time.

Back