free website stats program Finding Neutral | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Finding Neutral

Down to first toe up to neutral. Slight twist of the throttle slides right in. My method. ( throttle while toe up )
WAP.gif

A wee bit of added revs allows the clutch spinning faster to throw the oil clear of the clutch plates and allows easier selection of neutral

Brian

I was NEVER able to get neutral from 2nd. My current Street Glide will do it like butter!!!:p I think going all the way from 5th gear through down to 1st and than back up to neutral could be dangerous for a novice.

Experience for riders:

If you are shifting like I do, You'll shift down AS You Go and not have many gears to move to at stop... I usually shift down to First before I stop and then Up to Neutral when/if needed.

I always leave in first gear, clutch pulled In while at a stop , so I can Move out QUICK if needed...

You know Why!!!.....This has probably happened to many of us:

That DREADED SQUEALING of tires from behind you because he never saw you in time...:bigsmiley6:

I always have an escape route planned...

Never Stopping right on someones Tail so I don't get Pinned In.

I keep Left or Right of their center line also and Back far enough so I can move fast to get out of the way... :s

signed....BUBBIE

i find if i'm rollin to a red light as i come down through the gears it clunks extra hard from 3 to 2 and like butter from 2 to N ..

Just for giggles I tried finding neutral from 2nd gear and hit it every time. A lite tap from 2nd gear and she dropped in every time I tried.

Jeff,

You have the Right Way: Just a TAP... Any more and it goes to First Gear for sure.

Big Boots are not the best for that Light Feel needed finding N for Most riders...

Yes, Some bikes are Just Easier Than Others in going from second gear to N...

Usually it is just Riders Error that causes it to be a Problem... :small3d023: :rofl

signed....BUBBIE

Jeff,

You have the Right Way: Just a TAP... Any more and it goes to First Gear for sure.

Big Boots are not the best for that Light Feel needed finding N for Most riders...

Yes, Some bikes are Just Easier Than Others in going from second gear to N...

Usually it is just Riders Error that causes it to be a Problem... :small3d023: :rofl

signed....BUBBIE

I think it's the Redline Shock proof heavy BUBBIE....:D

I think it's the Redline Shock proof heavy BUBBIE....:D

Not to start an oil war, but I kind of agree for my bike. My dad convinced me to put Redline in after getting the bike and the change from Syn3 to Redline made neutral harder to find and now it clunks a lot louder in the lower gears.

Not to start an oil war, but I kind of agree for my bike. My dad convinced me to put Redline in after getting the bike and the change from Syn3 to Redline made neutral harder to find and now it clunks a lot louder in the lower gears.

This is the first I have heard bad about Redline. It works well for me.

Back