free website stats program Extended Warranty | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Extended Warranty

Add this topic to the pot that includes helmets and loud pipes.

There just don't seem to be many "fence sitters" out there!

I like the ESP I ride every day and dont want any surprises dont mind the 50.00 deductable, I have used the ESP on my last 3 bikes glad I had it:)

I like the ESP I ride every day and dont want any surprises dont mind the 50.00 deductable, I have used the ESP on my last 3 bikes glad I had it:)

I really don't think it's the $50 deductible that makes people hesitate. It's the huge up front cost that could be socked away and allowed to compound in case something happened.

I really don't think it's the $50 deductible that makes people hesitate. It's the huge up front cost that could be socked away and allowed to compound in case something happened.

Good point but you can roll the ESP into the purchase price and I bet the MOCO is willing to work deals now just like everyone else its the bad economy that is driving everything JMO:)

$800 for a 1 year extended warranty is rather excessive. Either negotiate it lower or walk away. You may be the 3rd owner, but obviously the 1st and 2nd owner didn't ride it much only having 4,000 original miles. I did buy an extended 5yr warranty for $999 when I ordered my 08 FLHR. It's a good feeling knowing I have it, but I doubt if I will ever need it. Roll the dice.......

I bought 3 extra years so I have a 5 year warranty and hope I never need to use it. I think it's more peace of mind than anything. I think it's like fire insurance on a house, over the years a person could be self insured but what if things happen sooner rather than later?

Seems we have people talking apples and oranges here. The initial post concerned Extended Warranty but some people are responding with regards to Extended Service Plans (ESP) which are totally different.

I would be interested to hear from those that have Extended Warranties and do their own maintenance. Is there any difficulty bringing the bike in for potential warranty support when you do your own maintenance? I know that performing your own maintenance is not supposed to void the warranty. However, I'm looking for personal experience on how you are treated by your local dealer when you bring the bike in (knowing that you do your own maintenance)?

Doing your own maintenance and then bringing in the bike to the dealer for a warranty issue would depend largely on your dealer. If they are an OK dealer, it will not make a difference but if they are a greedy money hungry sort, then you may have a problem. Always keep receipts for oil/ filters etc that you buy to do a service and document what you did too.

As soon as you change pipes, breather, add a tuner of sorts the warranty is void on about everything that you want covered anyway. I rarely leave a bike MOCO stock.

Back