free website stats program Engine Not Firing Properly. 1995 EVO | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Not Firing Properly. 1995 EVO

If it is single fire-both spark plugs fire at the same time-you will have one coil. It it is duel fire-the spark plugs will fire seperatly-and you will have two seperate coils.

Jack - I am going to work on it tomorrow. Will certainly let you know how it goes.

HDDon - Thanks again for the information. I'll keep you guys informed as this mystery unfolds.

Thanks again! You guys are the best!

If it is single fire-both spark plugs fire at the same time-you will have one coil. It it is duel fire-the spark plugs will fire seperatly-and you will have two seperate coils.

Isn't it the other way around? :)

why don't you check the plugs for spark and while they are out check the compression of the cylinders. Also check that the manifold is aligned and sealed.

So, if it's the "other way around," as suggested, then is it...

SINGLE FIRE = both plugs fire individually, not together but there is a single coil

DOUBLE FIRE = both plugs fire at the same time and there's two coils.

OR

Single Fire = both plugs fire individually, two coils

Double Fire = both plugs fire at same time, one coil

===============================================

why don't you check the plugs for spark and while they are out check the compression of the cylinders. Also check that the manifold is aligned and sealed.

Have no clue how to do that. Sorry, but I've spent my years focused on other stuff, so mechanical stuff is not my gig. I darn sure want to learn though. Will check the tech section - I'm sure there's probably something there on this.

Thanks again guys!

===============================================

Last edited by a moderator:
SINGLE FIRE = both plugs fire individually, not together but there is a single coil
DOUBLE FIRE = both plugs fire at the same time and there's two coils.
Single Fire = both plugs fire individually, two coils
Double Fire = both plugs fire at same time, one coil

It depends. As far as the coil goes, you can have 1 physical coil which contains 2 indendent electrical coils (2 primary, 2 secondary, 2 towers). You also can have 1 physical coil with 2 secondary towers, 1 secondary winding with 1 primary winding. Or you can have 2 physical coils, EACH with a single primary winding, single secondary winding and 1 tower.

That is why I asked how many primary terminals there were on your coil.

It depends. As far as the coil goes, you can have 1 physical coil which contains 2 indendent electrical coils (2 primary, 2 secondary, 2 towers). You also can have 1 physical coil with 2 secondary towers, 1 secondary winding with 1 primary winding. Or you can have 2 physical coils, EACH with a single primary winding, single secondary winding and 1 tower.

That is why I asked how many primary terminals there were on your coil.

pictures of Harley single fire coils - Google Search This may be of some help to show what Hoople is talking about, When Hoople speaks we all listen and learn:s

Jack, I hope that's not true because I make up alot of this stuff!..:)

Your link really tells it all.... Great link.

Jack, I hope that's not true because I make up alot of this stuff!..:)

Your link really tells it all.... Great link.

Hoop, you are the Electrical GURU hands down, I learn every time you post:s Am glad we have you here

Back