free website stats program Engine Idle Temperature Management System | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Idle Temperature Management System

as far as I know, 07s don't have any control of the eitms. If it has been activated by the dealer, the system will shut the rear cylinder down when the rear cylinder temperature excedes 265 degrees F.
On 08 and newer, you should have the ability to turn the system off/on if you have cruise control. The system will automatically default to the off position each time you start your bike. Again, with the system activated, the rear cylinder will not shut down until the rear cylinder reaches 265 degrees F.
I'm not sure if there is any control of the eitms if you have no cruise control with the 08/09 models
Hope this is helpful

I took mine to the Dealer Friday, to have my system enabled so I could turn the feature on or off. Rolled it in flashed the ECM & told me it was good to go. So I get home & test it. Roll foward on the throttle , nothing happens no cruise control light flash red or green. So I guess I will bring it back to a different dealer & ask them to try again. Maybe th 08 anniversary Ultras or different :(

Oh yeah one more question, does the cruise control switch have to be in the on position or the off position for the EITMS light to flash?:33:

Last edited by a moderator:
On will render a green light and off will render a red or amber...my wife tells me I am color blind:bigsmiley24:

Oh yeah one more question, does the cruise control switch have to be in the on position or the off position for the EITMS light to flash?:33:

Cruise being on or off doesn't affect the eitms.
Rolling the throttle forward and holding it in that position for approximate 5 seconds will make the cruise light flash either green or red turning on or off the eitms.

Thanks for the info, mine still does nothing. Could the fact that I have the PC III USB installed have something to do with it?

yep i dont think the user could turn it on untill after april of 08

However, in those 08's made before the user could set the EITMS, the dealer can set it to be on or off all the time. I think they will do this a couple of times before charging for it.

Back