free website stats program Dropped! | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dropped!

I dropped my first bike a couple of years ago. So far I have been able to keep my current bike standing, although I have come close a time or two.

Dropped mine the other day in the garage. Ruined a nice ride day fixing the problem. Kickstand went right past the holding slot and down it went. Easy to save any bike damage, leave your leg under it. Skin grows back, I hope.
Being 75 the problem is getting out from under and then getting it back up. About a 650-700 lb custom. Question, will crash bars make it easier to pick up. At least save my leg, I guess.
Hate to put them on the bike but got to make allowances for age.

Well, I guess the truth will set you free. Have dropped it twice. First time brought the new bike home from the dealer in my pickup bed. Rolled it down the ramp with no problem. Decided to walk beside the bike across the yard where the ground sloped way slightly, bike leaned away from me past the point of no return, and down she went. No witnesses to the drop and no damage but as it was laying beyond horizontal had to get help to pick it up. Second time about 6 months later at stop intersection making right turn from stop with both feet up and bars turned to the right stalled it taking off and again down she went with me standing spread-legged over her. Small scratch on rear turn signal and forward highway peg. Luckily no other traffice present. Picked it up, cranked it and took off all in about 15 seconds. Funny how fast you can do that when afraid someone might see you.

in my younger years, I pulled my 1959 Sportster into a hamburger joint, parking lot filled with fresh and deep gravel. I accidently laid it over just about where I was thinking of parking it ........ so to be totally cool, (there were girls present) I just reached down and turned it off and left it there ---- as IF I had 'parked' it there!!!! :s:s:s

Dont beat yourself up too bad - most everyone has done that or simular before you.

Bill

well Bill all i can say is :small3d028::small3d028::small3d028::small3d028:

that is COOL

yup done it

Back